Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
∙·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure everyone already knows this, but I got ahold of the sales manager for Bub today. They are getting a "shipment" of the black 2-1's in about 2 weeks. This order is already allocated to back orders. Next shipment is 6-8 weeks. I cant get how many are in the order..

So either from what i can come up with is: 1.) they are thriving in this economy to where they cant keep up, or 2.) Need a lesson in production management.

If anyone ordered one and changed there mind, let me know so i can take it from whomever you are getting it from..

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
i ordered mine on oct 21, 2010 and am still waiting for the damn thing.i was told by 2 different people 1 at bub and 1 at westendmotorsports.com that this pipe is one of their best sellers. WTF! a 5 months wait for this pipe. this ****ing pipe better be worth its weight in gold. they told me that it should be shipped the week of 3-14-2011. we'll see.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
i just placed an order today with sharkey for this same pipe. he made no indication to me that there would be a wait for delivery. once i get a reply email from him, i'll let you guys know the turnaround time.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I contacted them on Monday and they had said that they will be shipping the week of the 21st...it better be! I'm with you redracer95,as I've been waiting since Nov.! I understand back orders but, 4-5 mths. for products is a joke! Maybe there 4 day work week needs to get pushed up to 6 days to take care of customers!

darkdx

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
damn right! 4-5 mths. for products is a joke! iwas told the week of the 14th. i might just keep my cfr on and say screw em.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don't blame you if you walk away from it!! Everytime I've called I got lame excuses and more time added to the ship date! I want to cancel but I'm not diggin' on any other exhaust as far as 2 into 1's. I don't know what I'm gona do if they don't ship soon. I don't want to put stock or my Fatshots back on. This should be an embarrassment to them to not be able to get these done in a timely manner!

darkdx

·
∙·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about the Bassani? Any thoughts? I dont like the longer 2-1 but dont they make a shorter version that is very similar to the bub?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I've seen it being discussed here but I haven't heard it yet. I didn't think it was available in black yet? I agree the long pipes are not very attractive.

·
∙·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone get any updates on their orders? Just wondering if anything has changed.

Was thinking about getting the Bassani road rage in Black.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Finally got good news...my Bub7's should be here on Tue.!!!! From the info I gathered,the first shipment of pipes to be shipped are for long standing backorders,which it has been almost 5 mths for me! The second shipment in about 6 weeks should be for more current orders..hopefully. I was told that they do not plan to let this happen again!! Lets hope not,it wouldn't be good for their business!!

darkdx

·
Registered
450 Posts
I feel your pain..this was a llllooooonnnnnggggg wait for these!!! I contacted westend and they provided me my trk # and saw that they were getting ready to leave cali. today!!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Did you speak with Toni.
After they emailed me they also called me.
I have no problem with westend. Its bub I have a problem with.

·
Registered
450 Posts
yup,she was cool. it had to suck for westend to have to deal with this for so long. I agree bub f'd up and dropped the ball on this...all the excuses they gave kept getting worse and worse. but im hoping the pipes are worth it! the si$%ty thing about it is that after looking for the bub's everywhere i ended up finding them for $515 shipped from another company but they didn't have them in stock!! so i just stuck with my original order from westend. by the way you seem to be in the loop about mwt...where and when is it??

·
∙·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats to you both.. Let me know what you think when you get them.. If you would wait again etc.. If not F' em I will get something else..

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
Congrats to you both.. Let me know what you think when you get them.. If you would wait again etc.. If not F' em I will get something else..
I didnt have a prolonged wait for these, but I do believe they are worth the wait........I know it's hard to do, but try to be patient.:banghead:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I will let you know what I think of them for sure. 5 mths is excessive to wait for any part...especially exhaust!! I was at the point of cancelling the order,but no other exhaust is really appealing to me like the bub's are. With that said I'm hoping they go on smooth and sound just as good!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
yup,she was cool. it had to suck for westend to have to deal with this for so long. I agree bub f'd up and dropped the ball on this...all the excuses they gave kept getting worse and worse. but im hoping the pipes are worth it! the si$%ty thing about it is that after looking for the bub's everywhere i ended up finding them for $515 shipped from another company but they didn't have them in stock!! so i just stuck with my original order from westend. by the way you seem to be in the loop about mwt...where and when is it??
yeah westend and toni have been cool with me too.if it doesn't show up when promised this time, F bub enterprises. i'll install my pc5 and have it tuned to my cfr. mwt5 was a blast its the last weekend in june 24-26. in niles mi.base camp is at the niles inn. one way or another i'll get there again this year.( no vacation time left) i think i will have a case of explosive diarrhea on the 24th. darnit. i'm gonna have to call off work that night.:moon::barf::moped:

·
∙·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I sold my tab's so i am exhaustless.. I figured i would call westend to check to see if they may have ordered any for stock and not just back orders.. Well they did.. Said i should have it by thursday! Cant wait.. Hopefully my bracket came in..

If anyone knows of anyone else wanting one of these I think they have one more thats up for grabs..

1 - 20 of 109 Posts