Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have gotten to the point where I am trying to determine where the slide bracket is suppose to mount to. Is this suppose to mount to the rear lower exhaust bracket? This is the bracket that has the long bar extended off it with a rubber mount in the middle secured to the frame with 3 allen bolts. Or do I remove that piece completely and mount the slide bracket directly to the frame? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Montate aqui!
688 Posts
Im thinking you have a DX.If so,remove the stock bracket.You will need to mount a AW bracket on the frame.You could also make it yourself.Theres a couple og guides on how to do it here.Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man I asked if I needed to purchase anything else and I was told no. I do have a dx. Does the dealership carry this bracket?

·
Montate aqui!
688 Posts
you can make it. Its really easy.If not its part number 65113-07A.Give Sharkey a call.He is always willing to help forum members. What year is your DX?

·
Montate aqui!
688 Posts
ok , also make sure you have the correct gaskets.You have to buy 08 gaskets for your bike to do the install or they wont fit. I had a 09 DX and had to do the same. I have a spare set if interested. There is a thread on how to make one with detailed instructions and pics. I have to go to the the Post office to ship some stuff out to a member but when I come back Ill check if I can find it. For now just search here as there are a bunch of people that have build the bracket and it worked great. Myself included.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts