Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(posted in general also)...

Have a set of BST Wheels coming in for my 2010 Night Rod Special.

Some question(s) have arisen with regards to the ABS Sensor and correct sized wheel/axle spacers for front/rear.

Also ordered the ceramic bearings, with ABS bearing for sensor side.

Anyone have these installed that can clue me to the correct length for the spacers?

I'm also assuming that front & rear axles are 1"?

Looking at the kit here: http://www.casscountychoppers.com/faq7.html#4

which would pretty much have me covered (also assuming), unless front & rear end up requiring the same size spacer...

Regards,

Rick Stern

·
EXCELSIOR
8,460 Posts
Actually the rear is 25mm on the later models not 1". Early models were but they changed a few years back. The bearings were "special", metric OD with inch sized ID. You could only get them from HD. Not sure what the front size is.

·
Registered
266 Posts
(posted in general also)...

Have a set of BST Wheels coming in for my 2010 Night Rod Special.

Some question(s) have arisen with regards to the ABS Sensor and correct sized wheel/axle spacers for front/rear.

Also ordered the ceramic bearings, with ABS bearing for sensor side.

Anyone have these installed that can clue me to the correct length for the spacers?

I'm also assuming that front & rear axles are 1"?

Looking at the kit here: http://www.casscountychoppers.com/faq7.html#4

which would pretty much have me covered (also assuming), unless front & rear end up requiring the same size spacer...

Regards,

Rick Stern
08 and newer all models both ends 25mm.

·
07VRSCDXSUPERCHARGED
89 Posts
Brocks BST wheels OEM repalcement

I was considering picking up a set from Brocks as well
http://www.brocksperformance.com/V-Rod+C151.aspx

Brocks calls it "FITMENT : Direct OEM replacement", ,so I thought it'd all be the same, and ought to come with the correct bearing right?

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was considering picking up a set from Brocks as well
http://www.brocksperformance.com/V-Rod+C151.aspx

Brocks calls it "FITMENT : Direct OEM replacement", ,so I thought it'd all be the same, and ought to come with the correct bearing right?
I'd WAIT on this for a bit - as there is still a question as to whether the wheel p/n change for 08 also changed the dimensions of the hub - so that they are NOT A DIRECT BOLT-ON for 08 and newer ABS bikes. The bearing dimensions changed (ABS bearing 18mm, non-ABS 15mm).

I STILL don't have these on my bike yet - as the ceramic bearing won't be in until Friday. ABS Bearing is a HARLEY ONLY PART, which means World Bearing was waiting for it to come off backorder. My local dealer happened to have a pair, so I grabbed them and Fedex'd them to World, where they gut them and replace them with ceramic rollers.

There's also an "issue" with rotor fitment. Rotors (lyndall, not OEM as I haven't pulled my stock wheels off - waiting to fit bearings first), outer braking surface to outer braking surface measures out .26" wider than the OEM Wheel/Rotors - although the DX rotor part numbers are a -06 suffix, meaning (at least p/n-wise) they are the same as the BST hub was designed for.

I'm currently working very closely with Brocks and BST to get a set of 10/11 DX wheels measured out, so we can see if the hub is going to require a redesign.

Really would like to get this $4,000 set of wheels OFF my pool table, and ON MY BIKE.

They really are AMAZING both in appearance AND WEIGHT. Frikkin Reactor sprocket weighs more than the rear wheel.

Keep an eye out on the forum - I'll try to keep ya'll updated on the goings-on regarding this wheel. If you have an '07 or OLDER, then what Brocks has in stock "should be" a direct bolt-on. Newer than that, and I'd hold off for now.

Regards,

Rick

This process would be greatly hastened if someone has a set of 08 or newer DX wheels that can be measured for BST, so they can determine if they hubs need to be changed or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts