Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the BSL stainless high exit exhaust?

I ran across it in a Custom Chrome catalog, and it looks like an interesting piece. No loss in cornering clearance.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Nice looking exhaust if you like an upswept - my problem is with stainless and its tendency to 'yellow'. Looks dingy real quick.

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not that I can find online. Neat pic on a bike in the book though, the pipe shown also has an end cap like a typical sportbike exhaust too.

·
Having Fun Yet?
86 Posts
Did anyone check the price? $2000 PLUS !!!

·
Bad luck depository
545 Posts
damn double post! sorry

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Funny, but it kinda looks like a D&D. That can better kick out gold pixie dust and add about 80hp to the tire. Kiss my ass $2300.

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, too many zeros there. Bet they don't move too many.....

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I think you all griping about the price are missing the whole picture. These are TUV approved. That doesn't mean squat in the good ole' usa but is important to our EU brothers. They are constructed from stainless steel and have multiple baffles available as well as pipe ends. Some are tuneable for sound and back pressure.
The pipes have gone through testing that far exceeds the requirements in the USA. This situation may be changing though as locals start (Denver) to put heavy requirements on motorcycle exhaust. So you can get a look at what our future may be interms of price and construction. No more budget pipes that are ear splitting.

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I figured the TUV thing might have been a factor. I've seen many a TUV approved bike part with zany pricing. Sigh.

·
Having Fun Yet?
86 Posts
In checking both the evilbay link and the BSL website, the above system is NOT for the Street Rod, even though the seller gaurantees me that it is ?!?!

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Low exit. Yuck. Price is right though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts