Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Toronto area guys, I was riding home tonight from the Toronto FC game, when I was down shifting at a traffic light my shifter broke. A couple of guys came to my rescue and taped the shifter arm to the frame and I was able to ride home in first gear! Lucky I wasn't far from home. Here is my problem, got a trip planned to New York State next weekend (had?) and need to get this thing fixed ASAP. Anyone have any suggestions, recommended dealer, or a really good mechanic that won't charge me an arm and a leg? Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a factory VRSCDX one in the garage you can have for free, just send me your address and and you will have it by Wednesday. It takes about 5 minutes to install and your on your way!

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
The dealer will quote you 1500$ and tell you they have to pull the engine and split the case. Search here and find Max's how to and you can pull the old one and stick the replacement in the hold. I would suggest you drain the oil or lean the bike way over somehow. And you will need a new oil seal before you start as you have to ruin the old one to get it out....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts