Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on a ride yesterday and suddendly i heard loud scraping noise. by the time i could find out what it was, I looked in my rearview only to see one of my tab slip on's tumbling down the road and my buddy swerving to miss it. The weld on the top of the pipe cracked causing it to drag and then after dragging for a few feet, the rest of the weld broke off. I called Todd at Tab right away and he said he would send me a new set free of charge!!! Yet again I am very impressed with Todd's customer service. Todd said that I was only the 3rd set of pipes this has happened to, and he has changed the welding process to ensure this doesn't happen anymore. Todd definately has no problem backing his product up!!!

Attachments

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
it's nice to hear that they are replacing it free of charge :thumb: still sucks that it happened to ya

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
You could have rode it that way at least till you got home, it shouldn't have hurt it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spaz said:
You could have rode it that way at least till you got home, it shouldn't have hurt it.
yea i wasnt sure what it would do to the motor with one pipe having backpressure and the other one not. I know its really 2-1-2, but when i turned around to go get the slip on out of the road, the bike stalled, and after it did that, i shut it off and left it off. I didnt know if a 60 mile trip back home would hurt it or not....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow.

Did Todd say WHEN he changed the "welding process"? (I didn't know these tips were welded, thought they were just formed exhaust tips.) I just got a set a few weeks ago...hope they're okay.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dirty Chris said:
Wow.

Did Todd say WHEN he changed the "welding process"? (I didn't know these tips were welded, thought they were just formed exhaust tips.) I just got a set a few weeks ago...hope they're okay.
he didnt say... i had no idea they were welded either... do you have the ones with baffles? he said the only problems he has had were with the baffled ones because of the extra weight... where it goes from small to big there is a weld and in the past they ground down the weld so you couldnt tell there was one. with the new pipes they leave a little more weld so that it is stronger...

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
note to self

when riding with scott, make sure to take the lead

or else, re-inforce my windshield

end not to self

just kidding, glad everything worked out for you

·
Registered
322 Posts
smharris605 said:
he didnt say... i had no idea they were welded either... do you have the ones with baffles? he said the only problems he has had were with the baffled ones because of the extra weight... where it goes from small to big there is a weld and in the past they ground down the weld so you couldnt tell there was one. with the new pipes they leave a little more weld so that it is stronger...
Of course, I got the ones with the removable baffles. Oh Boy!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dirty Chris said:
Of course, I got the ones with the removable baffles. Oh Boy!!!
well just keep an eye on them and you know Todd will replace them if they break... I have only had mine for about a month when they broke..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Luigit said:
note to self

when riding with scott, make sure to take the lead

or else, re-inforce my windshield

end not to self

just kidding, glad everything worked out for you

lol hey man at least i still had the stock exhaust on when we went on that long ride... i'll double check everything before the next ride lol :angeldev:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts