Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DarkTari
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. Last week I had an antifreeze leak in my 2005B, narrowed it down to a broken radiator drain plug. Tried to drill out the plug resulting in the plug falling into the radiator. Unable to get it back out the hole so need to remove the radiator.
Question: what size wrench needed to remove the oil cooler lines from the engine and a simple way to attempt? Fittings are real tight in there ......

Thanx in advance !

·
VRSC est -03
3,398 Posts
No wrench needed. Quick connection type.
Push upwards the plastic cover and pry out the metal lock ring, a small screwdriver would do the trick.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Once you get the radiator off how are you going to get the plug out of the radiator? If the remnants are inside the radiator it will be impossible to remove it unless you unweld the tubes.
I would just leave it in there and buy a new plug from Harley. Couple of dollars at the most.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Once you get the radiator off how are you going to get the plug out of the radiator? If the remnants are inside the radiator it will be impossible to remove it unless you unweld the tubes.
I would just leave it in there and buy a new plug from Harley. Couple of dollars at the most.
Oddly enough, that is a plan. Like where's it going to go until a means of removal comes up. Several cave man options avialable.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.