Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the touring model rear Brembo brake mount is the same as the V-rod brake mount (the mount that attaches the caliper to the swingarm)??? I'm looking for a 2 piece Brembo rear caliper for a project and need to know if the mounts are the same before I buy it or will I need to order the correct mount from Zannotti's (I know the calipers are same just not sure on the mount)? Any help would be greatly appreciated :notworth:

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Does anyone know if the touring model rear Brembo brake mount is the same as the V-rod brake mount (the mount that attaches the caliper to the swingarm)??? ...
The black Brembo caliper bracket (44089-08) is used for the 2008 and newer FL models as well as the VRSCDX and VRSCF.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now what are you up too ?
Trying to get my new wheels installed and figured the two piece rear caliper would be easier to work with then the one piece I currently have. :hidesbeh:

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both of these part #'s have the same description but are $5 different in price at Zanotti's???

Steve's:44089-08

H2OV's: 43034-07

Seems like Steve answered my question and that the touring models and VRSC's share the same rear brake set up. Thanks :notworth:

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Both of these part #'s have the same description but are $5 different in price at Zanotti's???

Steve's:44089-08

H2OV's: 43034-07

Seems like Steve answered my question and that the touring models and VRSC's share the same rear brake set up. Thanks :notworth:
Mine was from the '07 parts catalog.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Mine was from the '07 parts catalog.
The difference between the early Brembo caliper brackets (43034-07: black and 43214-07: silver) and the later ones (44089-08: black and 43214-08: silver) is the size of the bore for the axle. The early ones fit 1” (25.4 mm) axles and the newer ones fit 25 mm axles. The FL bikes didn’t use Brembo brakes until 2008 when the 25 mm axle was introduced for use with the ABS bearings.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The difference between the early Brembo caliper brackets (43034-07: black and 43214-07: silver) and the later ones (44089-08: black and 43214-08: silver) is the size of the bore for the axle. The early ones fit 1” (25.4 mm) axles and the newer ones fit 25 mm axles. The FL bikes didn’t use Brembo brakes until 2008 when the 25 mm axle was introduced for use with the ABS bearings.
Fortunately for me it doesn't matter which one I get because I will need to have a bushing made so it fits my '02 3/4" axle :)

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
Fortunately for me it doesn't matter which one I get because I will need to have a bushing made so it fits my '02 3/4" axle :)
If you need one made let me know I've got plenty of Aluminum round lying around just give me the thickness you want it and I'll make a sung fit with some green loctite and it wont come out when you pull the wheel one less thing to fock with when you put it back together.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
The black Brembo caliper bracket (44089-08) is used for the 2008 and newer FL models as well as the VRSCDX and VRSCF.
Now that is a very interesting detail to know. It implies to me you could, if you wanted, swap wheels between the later V-Rods and the baggers. Oh man the wheels are turning now. Imagine a severely lightened up Road Glide with late model V-Rod wheels at each end and a minimal front fender instead of the big heavy Electrablob thing it comes with? Maybe a narrow rear fender from a Dyna Superglide with saddlebags from the Switchback? Oh, and mid controls from an FXR or similar. Two into one pipe naturally. Let Earl Burley build the engine .....

This could get ugly in a big hurry !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts