Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to breakfast at 6:30AM the other day riding up SR 19 toward town and came upon old us rte 441. The light changed to yellow as I approached and my decisions were to gun it and run the yellow or hard stop.
I quickly scanned for cross traffic and there sat 5 Lake county sheriff deputies waiting for the light.
Decision quickly made. PANIC STOP. I hit the front brake real hard, and at first, I thought I would slide into the intersection. But that front brake alone brought me to a stop about 15 feet short of the intersection. I felt no wobble or shimmy. No pulsing of the rotors, no wiggle. Nor did it feel like I was going over the handle bars. Just a straight smooth stop in a lot shorter distance than I am used to. I never hit the rear brake. I stopped so quickly I had no time to do so.
Smoothest brakes I have ever had the pleasure to use.

·
151 Posts
Hence the reason top sports bikes have been using them for so long. The best in my opinion. I used Harrisons on my other Harleys but only because Brembos were more expensive. However coming standard on these bikes is a real bonus.

·
electric soup
747 Posts
:
VRSCXnelly said:
Hence the reason top sports bikes have been using them for so long. The best in my opinion. I used Harrisons on my other Harleys but only because Brembos were more expensive. However coming standard on these bikes is a real bonus.

:them: The brembos work just fine!, having used the brakes in anger a few times both on the street rod and now on the X, they do a decent job of scrubbing off speed...............who needs ABS!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts