Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LOS ANGELES
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody show me a picture of a rear breather tube so I can see how it looks like? I had a rear valve oil leak and the dealer said they change the breather tube. When I came home, I have the same problem. I opened the airbox cover and I can see a corrugated tube that is clamp to the top of the rear valve cover. Is that the rear breather tube? If so, it has a lot of cracks. I supposed the oil leak is coming from there? Thanks

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Yes that's the rear breather. It goes from the rear valve cover to the rear underside of teh airbox cover.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I can't believe they didn't change it. They had my bike for 10 days because they had to order the part. I called today and they said it's all fixed. So unbelievable. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I could be wrong but I thought starting in '05 the breather tube was actually integrated into the lower airbox, doesn't look like one could just replace the breather.......
the hose is not integrated into the cover. the hose is one piece and has a section that "locks" into a hole in the lower cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Clamp Problems

I had the same issue and found that the clamp on the hose outside of the air box slides off and causes oil to lead onto the engine. I have had to fix the clamp many times to make sure the oil hose is secure

·
Unknowingly absent
914 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the breather hose for an 06?

Yea, it "clicks" into the lower box, but comes out easy enough.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the breather hose for an 06?

Yea, it "clicks" into the lower box, but comes out easy enough.
Yes it's 29505-05

·
Luvs My Baby
26 Posts
Can somebody show me a picture of a rear breather tube so I can see how it looks like? I had a rear valve oil leak and the dealer said they change the breather tube. When I came home, I have the same problem. I opened the airbox cover and I can see a corrugated tube that is clamp to the top of the rear valve cover. Is that the rear breather tube? If so, it has a lot of cracks. I supposed the oil leak is coming from there? Thanks
had the same issue like everybody else just found a sealant today called SEAL ALL was told it works on EVERYTHING so I’m using it on my breather hose then for safe measurement im gonna put an extra coat of FLEX SEAL

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
had the same issue like everybody else just found a sealant today called SEAL ALL was told it works on EVERYTHING so I’m using it on my breather hose then for safe measurement im gonna put an extra coat of FLEX SEAL
I just coat it with dielectric grease. 7 years and no external cracking. Ozone is what kills them and the thin layer of dielectric seals the air from attacking it. Consider it when you replace it.
Ron

·
Asatruar
2,942 Posts
I just coat it with dielectric grease. 7 years and no external cracking. Ozone is what kills them and the thin layer of dielectric seals the air from attacking it. Consider it when you replace it.
Ron
(y) That's the cure I used when I replaced the original rear breather tube on my Street Rod. 6 years and counting..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts