Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
DeejRod!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for fellow V-Rod riders in Milwaukee, SE Wisconsin, and N Illinois to get together for a breakfast ride on the morning of Saturday June 19th. I am thinking of an 8:30 AM breakfast and with a nice ride after to work off all those calories... :laugh: Does anyone know of a good "greasy spoon" in Union Grove WI where we could meet? If not, no problem, I will scope it out before hand and will map out a nice ride for us as well. I would love to get a group of 10 - 20 V-Rods together, so spread the word if you are interested...Looking forward to hearing back from you...Thanks!

5/13 -- Great point Rick, Thanks...Since our bikes are not exactly built for 2-up riding, if your significant other wants to come along and you have not gotten them a V-Rod yet :whack: they are certainly welcome to join us as well!! Otherwise let's try to keep it all V-Rods please...

6/14 -- 5 days and counting!! Woo Hoo!! Let's all keep our fingers and toes crossed that we have some decent weather!! :thumb:

I have made a breakfast reservation for 9 AM at the Union Grove Family Restaurant. The address is 1400 Highway 11, Union Grove, WI 53182 (262)878-0590

Check out Mapquest for driving directions from your location: http://www.mapquest.com/

The route is mapped and waiting for us!!

I will be PMing everyone with my cell phone number today and tomorrow...

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday! :hyper:

·
Dr. Funkenstein
557 Posts
DJ,

I'll do everything in my power to be there. Thanks for getting this started. :thumb:

·
DeejRod!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P Funk - Excellent! Glad to hear you are in! Keep watching this space for more details...

·
Registered
161 Posts
I will be there. You may want to invite V-Rodder's Significant Other, even if they ride something other than a V-Rod. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get this set up.

:plause: :plause: :plause: :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
27 Posts
It just so happens that I will be in Milwaukee that weekend for a wedding (Friday night wedding). I plan on bringing my bike down anyway. Sounds like a good time.

·
DeejRod!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VRSCAman - Good timing for sure! Glad you are in! As time gets closer, and more of the details take shape, perhaps we could arrange to ride from Milwaukee to Union Grove that morning...Just a thought. Keep watching this space for more details...

·
Registered
80 Posts
My wife and I both drive v-rods-- live 45 miles north of Milw.-- would like to take part. There is a large benifit ride that day for a Washington County cop that was killed in the line of duty a few years ago--I may be commited to that--I will let you know.

·
DeejRod!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dyvil - Thanks for the reply. We'd love to have you guys join us if you can...Understand your potential prior commitment...Certainly a good cause. You guys could pick me(and VRSCAman?) up in Milwaukee and we could continue on down to Union Grove. Give it some thought...More details to follow!

·
Dr. Funkenstein
557 Posts
Alright my fellow V-Rodders in N. IL & WI....let's keep this thing going. I know that there are more of us out here than this.

:soapbox:

·
Registered
161 Posts
The company I work for has this disgusting rule during the summer. They won't let me work more than 4 hours on Fridays. We call them half day Fridays. So I decide to take a ride to Union Grove and scout out some restaurants. They have a few small restaurants in town, but no parking areas. There is a family restaurant on route 11 four blocks west of route 45. There is plenty of parking and they are open for breakfast. Oddly enough it is called the Union Grove Family Restaurant. Also there are also several gas stations in the area. Anything else I can do to get this set up let me know.

:plause: :plause: :plause:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks as if my wife and I are going to make it. When we get a little closer to the 19th let us know if you want us to meet you in Milwaukee on our way down. This damn rain needs to stop soon. Another (gully-washer) again today!

·
DeejRod!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am back - Thanks everybody - Rick, much appreciate it...I am hoping to scope out a ride route for us very soon... :thumb:

·
DeejRod!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How long does everyone want to ride??

Breakfast riders: PMing w/Rick gave me an idea to poll the group on how long of a ride everyone is up for after breakfast. We can make it as long as anyone wants, I personally have all day!! :biker: Just curious to get your thoughts...Folks can always break away when they need/want too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am trailering my bike out to Laconia if I can get some riders. Maybe if there aren't to many people riding some people maybe interested in going to Laconia. If Laconia doesn't work out then I'll be there. My bike is the last three pictures on page 5 of V-MOD . com's photo gallery.

Swampthing

P.S. I live in Waukesha

·
DeejRod!!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quick update for all breakfast riders....I will be scoping out a route for us this week, probably Saturday morning - maybe Friday night. I will also make breakfast reservations for us as well. Stay tuned! Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts