Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need new break pads, any particulary that you guys recomend or should i go for the stock pads? is so, any idea witch part nr. they have?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I've heard great things about Lyndalls and EBC. I will be switching to EBC FA409HH SINTERED pads here shortly. They're priced about 45% less than the Lyndalls and appear to be just as good.

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Def don't go with stock. Never go back to stock unless your selling the bike back to the dealer LOL. I was looking for a new pad to try besides Lyndhal. Dont get me wrong I do want to help a fellow member out but times are hard =\.

Hey AOW you got a website for those pads? Common hook me up!!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just replaced the stockers with EBC FA409. Much, much better.
This brake pad is what EBC calls "organic" (Carbon Kevlar).
Main difference is that you can modulate braking force wonderfully opposed to the semi metallic OE Pads that tend to "bite" quite hard. Plus (BIG Plus) virtually no more brake dust. I love 'em. I got them here : www.brakes4u.co.uk

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Thanks AOW.

·
Registered
194 Posts
what about rotor? do you guys replace the rotor or cut?

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
what about rotor? do you guys replace the rotor or cut?

You mean when they are gouged out from the pads cutting into them? Or after years of usage and they are finally rusting away or warped? If so you just replace them. I have never seen any shop lathe down drilled or slotted rotors. The machine needs a continuous surface so they only "cut", "resurface" flat rotors. But if your rear rotor is bad replace it with the rear rotor from the F ( muscle). But if its a front i dont have a suggestion except galfers waves >=)

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Why jmg why !!!!!

WHY DID YOU SHOW ME THOSE!!!!! Let me guess only sold in Europa huh? (Yes I spelled it that way) Actually no they are not I found this part guide. ( Below) I also found a place that sells them for $149 per front rotor and $213 for the rear.

Follow this link this page froze on my work computer then came up after i finished this link

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1985886#post1985886

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
Yeah, I know. Just couldn't stand it.

I went with the Lyndall pads years ago and have not been displeased. Much improved 'feel' combined with two finger stopping power. Braided SS lines also helped, getting rid of some of that spongy feeling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts