Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put my down payment on '08 Night Rod Special. Delivery date is around the 10th of August. Can't wait... No sleeping for me for the next two weeks.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!

·
Registered
110 Posts
congrats i have a 2007 that i bought about two weeks ago and love it if im not mistaking the 08 comes with a bigger engine witch means more power hope you have fun

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Congrats...I am sure you will love it!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just 10% more. went from a 1130 to a 1250. NICE!!! and a hydro clutch, which everyone seems to agree that the older models have a hard clutch. should improve it a bit.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ordered a 08 DX too. My buddy who has the curent fast bike in our group is already started working on his Dyno confermed 107hp 2000 soft-tail to make at least 125hp. You can see the stress on his face when the other guys ask when my new bike is coming in.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My 08 DX was supposed to ship on 7/25. It has not shipped to date. The status of the bike is 'in transit' which the dealer tells me means it has been built and is in transit to the warehouse to get prepped for shipping to the dealer. The dealer was kind enough to give me my order number so I can call anyone at that dealership and they can check on the status (which I do at least once a day) :) Dealer thinks it should be in his store mid week this week. Hopefully...seems to have slipped a little.

It seems that Harley may cut shipments on the 08 models...they seemed to have disappointed the Street. Here's a link: http://www.wheels.ca/article/30061

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats, I just pucked up mu 08 on Tuesday and she got her first oil change tonight. I'm supposed to be at the track tomorrow but I might just skip it and ride my DX instead. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts