Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2008 vrscawa last night, they put the new tires on and a Power Commander on ,when driving home the the rear brake kept fading and when I called the mech he said just keep pumping it and it will be fine ,I think hes wrong,also he wanted to charge me for 2 hrs. of set up time to do the power com. even though I had drilled the exhaust ,he originally siad 30 min. to 1 hr. to do the pow. com any feed back is greatly appreciated.:banghead:

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
can't help with the pc. but are there any leaks in the braking system? have they been bled lately? have you checked the fluid level in the resiviours? (spelling). search rsc+ on here he has made some how-to videos and one video covers cleaning the brake calipers. it really works.

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
To properly tune a Power commander takes about 2 hours for a 2 cylinder tune. I am surprised a Harley Dealer would handle tuning a Power commander. Normally they try to sell you a SERT or some other H-D gizmo.

The brakes need to be inspected for pad wear and the fluids flushed. Only thing that normally goes wrong with them.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Agree with rusty, bleed the brakes.

If the guy told you half hour then he should stick to it, but it normally takes much longer to get it right.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Power cammander and brakes

Well I had Knuckleheadz pick up my v rod and they had damaged the pin that holds the brake shoe in place and cracked the pad when they changed the rear tire ,they put on new brake shoes and a new pin,the bike now is back to normal but when I took a close look the rear rim is full of scrathes,man do these guys piss me off saying that they are not responsible for any problems when mounting a tire,DOES ANYONE DO QUALITY WORK ANYMORE? If I did that to my customers when I remodel a home I think they would hand me my head on a platter!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Well I had Knuckleheadz pick up my v rod and they had damaged the pin that holds the brake shoe in place and cracked the pad when they changed the rear tire ,they put on new brake shoes and a new pin,the bike now is back to normal but when I took a close look the rear rim is full of scrathes,man do these guys piss me off saying that they are not responsible for any problems when mounting a tire,DOES ANYONE DO QUALITY WORK ANYMORE? If I did that to my customers when I remodel a home I think they would hand me my head on a platter!

Same with me.I do excellent work and stand behind any mistakes I make,or failed parts from companies I deal with.I hate when something fails.I don't make excuses,I just handle a problem when it arises,and I get them out of my life fast.
The dealer I use to do my warranty and tire work does excellent work too.There are companys that employ mechanics that do have pride in themselves.The companys that don't hire proud employees need to know it.
Let the service manager know you are unhappy.He might not even be aware of a sloppy worker.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you

Same with me.I do excellent work and stand behind any mistakes I make,or failed parts from companies I deal with.I hate when something fails.I don't make excuses,I just handle a problem when it arises,and I get them out of my life fast.
The dealer I use to do my warranty and tire work does excellent work too.There are companys that employ mechanics that do have pride in themselves.The companys that don't hire proud employees need to know it.
Let the service manager know you are unhappy.He might not even be aware of a sloppy worker.
Thank you Elrod:I am the same way with my buss. ,handle the problem and quickly, ,make sure their happy and move on,I just found out the owner has some health probs and he`s not there so he is the one who keeps it all together and when he gets back I`ll let him know.

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
I'm with you Al. If the service manager is not aware of problems with quality service then He/She can not fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts