Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’ve read a lot of stuff on here about the brakes and pulsing so just a quick question I have a 02 and I get the pulse when braking now It was fine before I changed my rims smooth brake and no pulse the rims are the exact same except I went from solid alum to chrome didn’t change pads or rotors
What I’ve done cleaned calipers , flushed the brakes , from what I’ve read it’s pointing towards warped rotors but I took the right rotor off and put a spacer between pads and rode the bike and brake was smooth and no pulse , put the right side back on and did the same to the left and same thing smooth brake , put them both back on and now it’s pulsing again can feel it in the lever and in the bike
Is that still pointing towards rotors or do I have something else going on here ? lol
Looking forward to the input

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Hey guys I’ve read a lot of stuff on here about the brakes and pulsing so just a quick question I have a 02 and I get the pulse when braking now It was fine before I changed my rims smooth brake and no pulse the rims are the exact same except I went from solid alum to chrome didn’t change pads or rotors
What I’ve done cleaned calipers , flushed the brakes , from what I’ve read it’s pointing towards warped rotors but I took the right rotor off and put a spacer between pads and rode the bike and brake was smooth and no pulse , put the right side back on and did the same to the left and same thing smooth brake , put them both back on and now it’s pulsing again can feel it in the lever and in the bike
Is that still pointing towards rotors or do I have something else going on here ? lol
Looking forward to the input
Using one only might not give the effect. Two suspects here. Either one or both rotors are warped or during the chroming process where the rotors seat is no longer true, in effect making it appear the rotors are warped. Both warped or this chromed face will show up if you run a dial indicator on the rotors with the bike jacked up and spin the wheel. Ok so I bet you see quite a bit. Next step would be to remove the discs and do a runout check against the surface where the rotor sits on the wheel. Should be under .001 there, preferably 0. Then you know what's at fault.
Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.