Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow V Rodders,I just had new tires put on my 2008 vrscawa when I left Knuckelheadz on fri. night I got 1/8 mile away from their shop and no rear brake (front worked as usual) I never had any problems before they put new tires on,their main guy said"just pump it up it will be alright" well I got home 22 miles away and parked it till today Sunday and went to my shop and the rear rotor was so hot when I went to check the tire pressure it burned the back of my hand and the rotor was blue in color and a piece of brake pad was missing,right now my temperature is hotter than the rotor,I know the caliper has to be compressed to remove it but with abs is there anything else I should worry about re. warpped rotor or other damage,I will call him tommorrow to tell him to pick it up I don`t think it`s safe to drive.What are your thoughts.:chair::chair:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Well it certainly needs to be trailered and not driven. I'm not sure what they did to make it eat up the brake pad and rotor unless they put a spacer in the wrong location. I really don't even know if thats possible but something is definitely wrong.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it certainly needs to be trailered and not driven. I'm not sure what they did to make it eat up the brake pad and rotor unless they put a spacer in the wrong location. I really don't even know if thats possible but something is definitely wrong.
Thank you for the feed back,to make things worse it was beautiful today here in N.C., 72 degrees at the coast and I couldn`t ride, man was I hot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts