Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fire Investigator
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a chrome shifter to my rod without any problems, once I picked up a pair of snap wring pliers. No here comes the fun part, the brake pedal is giving me [email protected]$#$#$ can't seem to get that clevis pin out. If someone has a few pointers please send my way. Thanks. :helpme: :ithappen:

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Those pins are really tight!! pull the lever off then rotate it so you can hit the pin with a hammer and a punch.I also open up the hole in the brake lever to the next size drill ...dont remember the size...sorry.... good luck Greg

·
Registered Confuser
828 Posts
The pin is a press fit. Instead of knocking it out, try to use pliers to just push it out. I dont know why they made it that way.

:jeannie:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I used a pair of channel lock pliers. I could not get it out my tapping like the instructions said. The shop manual says to use pliers, when I did it finally popped loose.

·
Fire Investigator
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, I used channel locks and compressed them to get the clevis pin out. Its a shame that when everything is going right a snag cmoes along a slows my progress. It's a good thing we have this forum. :kaz:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts