Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What pushes the brake pads off the disk? Mine drag a little and I also have the dreaded pulsing.

·
Premium Member
11,259 Posts
Remove the calipers and clean them up. Lots of road debris causes the pistons to stick. DO a search and you should find many threads on how to properly clean the calipers.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The pulsing however is caused by debris building up on the rotors. Material transfers from the pad to the rotor, causing high spots. Some have had success in cleaning them (bead blasting, sanding) others say replace them for a more permanent fix. Here too there are numerous threads.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
What pushes the brake pads off the disk? Mine drag a little and I also have the dreaded pulsing.
Actually the springy nature of the seals move them back a bit. The pulsing is likely a warped rotor. Mike them at 4 points, 90* intervals and do a runout check with a dial indicator also. Some go for a shit from use and I even had a brand new one on my bike that was .001 thicker on one half of the circle then the other. It pulsed also and would never wear the high spot down. I replaced it and all good now.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts