Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on putting new tires and replacing the brake pads on the R this off season...don't know much about pads, so i was wondering what is a good brand and whats the best place to buy? any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
i like my lyndall brakes. PM Vshop for a deal. Sharkey is a stand up guy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Be rather careful in choosing brake pads. I tried EBC and some other obscure brands and found my front disks pulsing possibly due to heat build up and warpage.

Went back to HD standard brand and problem disappeared

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
We sell the LRB Z plus pads for your bike for $35 a set if you interested. I had them on my 2006 streetrod and loved them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'll vouch for Hogpro on their recommendation for the Lyndall pads and on my excellent experience purchasing the Z pads from them.

I had put them on my '02 Deuce so it was a no brainer to go with them on the '06 SR.

I also love them. Better than the factory pads, to me.

We sell the LRB Z plus pads for your bike for $35 a set if you interested. I had them on my 2006 streetrod and loved them.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Vrsca
vrscb
vrscd
vrscr
vrscx
vrscse
vrscaw
vrscf
vrscdx

vrscsr?

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Ok people, maybe you can help me here... I installed all 3 Lyndall sets on my SE when I swaped the calipers with chrome ones and the pads are too close to the rotors in all 3 of them, you can hear them touching when moving the bike in neutral when it's off. Even the rear rotor is marking little by little and I havent used it only for the testing while bleeding the lines. Is it a problem with these pads, has anyone else experienced it? I read somewhere around here that is normal in the front ones, but my mechanic told me it should not be so, since that would tend to overheat the brake system in long trips, which makes sense, and needless to say make the bike slower and "hold it" constantly...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did not notice any more contact with the Lyndalls than I had with the factory pads on stock calipers, front and rear.

I would think one would experience "fade" if you applied the brake and the rotors were over heated. Every time I grab a handful of front brake, I'm not feeling anything but deceleration.

And she sho ain't no mo slower.

Yes, SR = VRSCR, k?

Ok people, maybe you can help me here... I installed all 3 Lyndall sets on my SE when I swaped the calipers with chrome ones and the pads are too close to the rotors in all 3 of them, you can hear them touching when moving the bike in neutral when it's off. Even the rear rotor is marking little by little and I havent used it only for the testing while bleeding the lines. Is it a problem with these pads, has anyone else experienced it? I read somewhere around here that is normal in the front ones, but my mechanic told me it should not be so, since that would tend to overheat the brake system in long trips, which makes sense, and needless to say make the bike slower and "hold it" constantly...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Vrsca
vrscb
vrscd
vrscr
vrscx
vrscse
vrscaw
vrscf
vrscdx

vrscsr?
VRSCR actually, but yes a Street Rod I would suggest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts