Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I did my 240 mod, I have had a strange brake noise. The noise only appears at the last instant of stopping. Sounds like cutting a brake rotor without a band. The pads are brand new OEM, I really don't think it's the pads. I have had the wheel off 3 times looking for problem, but cannot find it. I just replaced the rubber peg in the bracket and a new spring clip for pads. This cured problem for most of a 10 mile ride, but the noise is back. Anyone have any ideas, I'm at a lost. Thanks, Skip.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Some rotors and some pads just make noise together. You might try some of the aftermarket brake pads. My bike had never made any brake noise until I changed brake pads to the new harder OEM pads and now my rear brakes for the first time make noise just as you come to a full stop every now and then. I plan to change the pads to a different brand when I get a chance to see if it cures the problem.

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never thought this fix would be this easy. I just installed a aftermarket set of pads (my buddy is a Drag Specialities dealer) that a got for next to nothing. The noise appears to be gone, I'll know better after some more miles. Thanks to Max and Mustang for pointing out the obvious, I was looking way too deep. Thanks again, Skip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts