Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok- I've worked on this bike and my Honda. The Honda takes a whole 5 minutes to put levers on and well the Harley should take the same amount of time. Anyhow, I have the brake lined up and the inside pin in the right spot. So, I took the lever off and the brake light is still on with nothing touching that inside pin. What's up with that? :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thedak said:
It might be broke. The pins are very easy to mess up.
That sucks. I was gentle with the whole thing too. Guess that's on my list to replace this weekend. Thanks.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
There is a spring that needs to hold that switch in place. If that spring is broken or missing, you got brake light all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rjrivero said:
There is a spring that needs to hold that switch in place. If that spring is broken or missing, you got brake light all the time.
Let me pull it apart again. I read another person had to bleed the brake line
which fixed theirs.... Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it- I think

rjrivero said:
After taking it apart, I found a little plastic piece really can't see where it came from maybe inside the switch - thought it does look like it broke off of something. I put the lever back on and it's working just fine. Who knows where that little plastic piece came from! The little boot around the switch
pin is still there and looked fine. The clutch side was 2-minutes to do. Now I need to find a way to put the clips back in-place before it's lost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts