Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer that I purchased my new to me night Rod, is bending over back wards trying to make me happy with the brakes on this bike. Last Monday he sent a truck & trailer to pick up my bike, 80 miles one way, I explained to him I needed my bike back for July first, for a ride I wanted to go on. I didn't hear from him so I called him Friday of this week. He said great news bike's fixed, steering head bearing was extremely out of adjustment, and it took care of my knock and the pulsation, I asked him if the tech rode it, and he said yes it's great. I really didn't believe him, but stranger things have happened. I got a ride down there and took it for a ride, the knock was gone, but the FOOKIN brakes still pulsated, I took it back and laid into the service manager, my salesman came back and said he would give me a loaner bike until my bike was done, great news. it isn't great news, he gave me a Super Glide, I love this bike, today I put 341 miles on it and I don't want to give it back.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Let us know if, when, and how they fix the brake pulse issue. After all the miles, that's been my only real complaint with this bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could put some miles on it, it's definitely something that I won't be able to live with. It pisses me off that his thing already has the updated rotors on it, and it still pulses. I will keep everyone updated, it's a great bike but I use the front brakes 90% of the time, it's a shame that Harley/Brembo can't come up with a resolution.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dr. Dave, I have read that multiple times, I have followed the directions step by step, I replaced the brake pads with HH EBC pads, and bedded them in properly, they still pulsate. :stilpoke:

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
what year and model V do you have?

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,630 Posts
I just got the new EBC rotors in the mail. I'm in Zurich but will be back to the U.S. next week. First priority is new rubber and install the disks.

I still think it's the rotors and will post results ASAP. If the new direct fit rotors don't do the trick I'm going to try the new EBC floaters. They cost more and aren't available yet, but EBC says soon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked my bike up Friday night, they replaced the front rotors, replaced the pads and tightened the steering stem. WOW this thing rides completely different, it is no longer vague, and doesn't sound like a old pick up over bumps. The brakes work incredible, extremely smooth, no pulsating at all. This is really a great bike, now if I can swap out for forward controls it should be perfect. i have put 280 miles on it this weekend and plan on riding it to work this week, I wish my surgically repaired knee could handle these mid controls, because it handles great when you use them.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Sooooo glad to hear that. I'm sure it feels good to ride it now. Any chance you could post up part numbers or anything else from your dealers service work order? I'd like to walk into my dealer and say, 'I want this...'

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
I wish I could put some miles on it, it's definitely something that I won't be able to live with. It pisses me off that his thing already has the updated rotors on it, and it still pulses. I will keep everyone updated, it's a great bike but I use the front brakes 90% of the time, it's a shame that Harley/Brembo can't come up with a resolution.
Wow thats alot of front brakes................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts