Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
If it is only the clutch, I would flush that system out completly and put DOT 4 back in it and run it. Now if you did that to the brake system ...................

a month or so ago I was going out for a day trip,up into VT and NH for the day...my clutch was kinda spongy. I looked into the resevoir and saw I was low on fluid. It was early in the morning and I was in a rush. Went into the garage and only found DOT 3 brake fluid.
Not reading the owners manual I said WTF..and added the DOT 3 to the resevoir and did a 350+ mile trip that day with no ill effects.

A few days later I read a post here about mixing different types of fluid where every reply was...WARNING!WARNING!DANGER!!DANGER!!
I desided I guess I ought to change the juice and put in the proper stuff. When I went to the local NAPA store snd told him what I did he said "better change that s*** ASAP coz it'll turn into cement and screw up all your seals..Lucky for me it all turned out ok..no leaks or clutch slave failure. I DID however,run a 24 oz bottle of purple stuff thru the system to make sure everything fresh again.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.