Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2008 DX with 14k on the clock and its still on the factory discs and pads (pads never replaced)

and bike went in today for final warranty check(my 2 years are up !) it has a slight brake pulse at low speed and light braking.

they say it has a very slight left hand disc run out , but the discs are worn and just over the recommend change level , i agrued that discs should not need changing at 14-16k ? to see if i could get these changed under warranty , but they will not due to it being classed as wear and tear and they are close to there change limit

WTF ! i am wrong and this is right ? its still on the same pads it came with brand new !

they did however agree to change or recoat

Front fender (re coat)
Rear rocker cover (re coat)
top yoke (re coat)
Clutch res cap (replace)
O2 Sensors (replace as throwing fault code)

and did replace my VH comp as heat sheild welds broke (they did this free of charge).

told me headstock and fallaway all good and have my faulty fuel gauge on record should HD find a fix , but this dealer said pointless changing it now as no fix.

what do you think ?

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I've got 18k on my rotors, and there is very little signs of wear.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
They replaced mine when they where pulsing. Said they where warped though not Worn. 14k on a set of Rotors doesnt sound right to me, they should go longer than that I would thing.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I understand your position on this,but,they do have rules to follow and normal wear and tear is hard to get covered after a year.
The dealer knows that this claim against warranty will be kicked back and they will wind up responsible for a brake job on a motorcycle that they neither built,or own.
I'll bet when they entered the LOP # for a brake job,that the warranty computer kicked the repair.
You could go over the dealers head to the zone rep,or Harley customernoservice and try to get a goodwill re[placement,or help on the bill.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
i have 2008 DX with 14k on the clock and its still on the factory discs and pads (pads never replaced)

and bike went in today for final warranty check(my 2 years are up !) it has a slight brake pulse at low speed and light braking.

they say it has a very slight left hand disc run out , but the discs are worn and just over the recommend change level , i agrued that discs should not need changing at 14-16k ? to see if i could get these changed under warranty , but they will not due to it being classed as wear and tear and they are close to there change limit

WTF ! i am wrong and this is right ? its still on the same pads it came with brand new !

they did however agree to change or recoat

Front fender (re coat)
Rear rocker cover (re coat)
top yoke (re coat)
Clutch res cap (replace)
O2 Sensors (replace as throwing fault code)

and did replace my VH comp as heat sheild welds broke (they did this free of charge).

told me headstock and fallaway all good and have my faulty fuel gauge on record should HD find a fix , but this dealer said pointless changing it now as no fix.

what do you think ?
Fuel gauge:well, as of about 3 weeks ago HD has released the 2011 fuel gauge/ sending unit retrofit. Per HD corp, this is a newly designed unit for the 2011s that will retro to the other sonar Vs and fix the gauge issue.

Fallaway: what were the numbers? did they say it was within spec or that it was dead balls on? I would make them put it dead balls on, not on the outside of spec.

Rotors: my front and rear rotors have 20k on them and show little to no signs of wear (I did replace the rear rotor about 1k miles ago due to it getting bent during my DIY tire change), I am still running the original pads as well. I do agree with the dealer that they can NOT warranty worn rotors as you may be a heavy braker compared to some others. However, if this is the left front rotor only then it leads me to believe that that rotor is indeed warped which should be covered by warranty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts