Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I want to get braided brake lines, oil hoses and a coolant hose. Does anyone know the length of these or if pre-assembled parts are available?

I had a look on Earls Performance Products website and they sell a universal Harley Oil line with a push fitting. I am not sure this is suitable and it is also 2M long. How would you even cut that to length. What length hoses i need or what size fittings.

Any help is appreciated. I did a search on here but didnt come up with anything.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Gone to the V8 side
2,102 Posts
Talk to Venhill in Dorking - http://www.venhill.co.uk/

They will make what ever you want at what ever length you want.

They used to knock you while you wait, so you could take the bike down and the measure and make.

1,501 Posts
The foundry got me made some custom black braided goodridge cables, look great, cheaper than HD black ones! Not sure about cooling hose as mines covered but custom should mean anything is possible.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. the stuff from that dude on ebay is just a cover rather thn a replacement hose. My guess is that the heat would still stransfer through the braid onto the rubber hose and cause it to fail (its the oil collant hose that connects to the back of the radiator). This is what happened to me on friday hence my need to change the line. Figure I may as well do them all at the same time.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Has anybody used Goodridge build a line components to replace their rear brake line ?

I want to change mine and there are no kits available IFAIK.

Was considering using one long line and using a banjo bolt brake switch at the pedal end, although I imagine that I would have to extend the electrical connections.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well I've bitten the bullet and I'm having a custom line made up - just hope I got the measurements right !

Now off to fit braided lines to the front brakes ...

·
Wind Up Merchant
425 Posts
So what are the braided lines for then? Mine look like braid under a clear plastic covering, are they the same? on an 03 A

Fanx

·
Registered
206 Posts
On my 2007 Night Rod special the lines are rubber and metal tube.

I'm going to put bars on with more pullback as I struggle to reach on full lock - I've got black XLX bars somewhere in the garage for the job - but I know that the front brake lines won't reach so I've bought a set of Galfer lines for a VRSCD - if the bars still won't fit then I'll order a set of VRSCD bars as well.

The line I'm having made up is for the rear brake, I don't like the way that it runs so close to the exhaust so I'm going to reroute it a little - and by all accounts the standard brake switch suffers from exhaust heat and has been known to fail and leak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts