Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished putting on braided throttle cables and water hoses. No big deal on the cables, probably the easiest set that I ever replaced. Everything is well placed and easy to get to. The water hoses on the other hand were a bear to get on, the hose in the back is almost unworkable. It took almost 45 minutes to get just this one piece on, if you work it just right you can rotate the front pipe forward just enough to let the back pipe lift up and allow the back hose to go on. Then you have to get the pipe back in place and try and force it in the hose. This is still not an easy task as there is little room to work. The front hose was no great shakes. the kit really dresses up the bike but for 90 bucks and a lot of elbow grease I'd suggest getting the chrome cover for the front hose and let it go at that. an alternative would be to replace the front hose and forget about the back hose since you can barely see it anyway.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
But that cover is so.....bulky. I MUCH perfer the braded hose!
My :2cents

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Sweet. I like both hoses braided. Someday I will attempt this feat. For now I'm stuck with the chrome cover... which I liked at first but now I think looks a little cheap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just attempted to install the braided coolant line kit on my 2007 Vrod and I found the work to be very difficult. I destroyed the rear hose because it was too difficult but I managed to install the front hose. For some reason the hoses I got had one end smaller than the other and it contributed to the problem.

In the end, after much frustration, bleeding pricks in my fingers from the braid wires and many many other issues left and right, I wish I had just gone with the chrome cover.

Btw, great research by a fellow member discovered through his investigation that Peak Global Lifetime is the concentrate form of the HD coolant product. Also, for your good, use distilled water - it's cheap enough.

Good luck.

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
This is the world record...............10 year old thread revival...........congratulations..............you win the prize...............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts