Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I have an 03 and need an aftermarket braided/stainless front brake line. Anybody know a vendor? HD doesn't even list a kit.

Thanks.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Russell has braided lines, I used thier Renegade Black (really smoked) coated SS lines for my brakes & clutch lines.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Anyone know if the clutch line and brake line are the same?LIke to order the same kind for both.

·
Never Late
520 Posts
I had mine done over the winter and you are right HD does not list it. Call your dealer and have them look up and see if they can get it from the 06' SE. I just looked up my work order and they have part number 42140-06 listed...so hope that helps. Don't let them tell you it can't be used on an 03' because my bike is living proof it can be. good luck! let me know how you made out.

it will cost a little more, but it looks the nuts!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your the man. The line looks great and fits perfect. I had one ordered from another custom supplier that stayed on back order for months. I had this one in had in three days. This forum kicks a$$. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered Insane
Two 2003 VRSCA's: CTHULHU is Black/Sterling, N/A ; EVIL TWIN is Anodized and S/C
474 Posts
I didn't do my clutch line, (yet). If you wanted another front brake line option, I went with GalferUSA.com for custom sizing. Excellent products and stainless fittings and they provide copper washers. Add at least 2 inches to the master handlebar-to-tree braided line to account for the bend required to get into the three-way block mounted under the triple tree. I only added an inch to my order and it's a mighty tight fit with the block not sitting perfectly parallel/perpendicular. That really chaps my hide even though it's nearly invisible. I KNOW IT'S THERE! AAAAARGH!

-Sean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts