Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Street Glide Special Inner and Outer Fairing rigged up with radio, speakers, 7" Day Maker, saddlebags with speakers.

Hoping someone can/will build a bracket. A forum member makes the saddlebags brackets and that worked out well, hoping the same for the fairing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a Street Glide Special Inner and Outer Fairing rigged up with radio, speakers, 7" Day Maker, saddlebags with speakers.

Hoping someone can/will build a bracket. A forum member makes the saddlebags brackets and that worked out well, hoping the same for the fairing.
The problem with the batwing fairings is that in vrods they have been known to cause instability - happened to me once.

The rake of the vrod forks and on the early mode the solid wheels caused some wind sail conditions

People like to push vrods faster than most other bikes - if u ride normal you will likely be just fine, if you ride hard consider going frame mount.

This is why I decided against developing a batwing mount system- people were telling me the took my fairing setup to 220kph - 140mph and it was rock solid. Another turbo bike took his to redline in top gear- no issues,

I didn’t want what I experienced at 90mph with a Memphis shades on my 02 3years ago to be someone else with my parts I sold them…

That said a lot of people have done it, just ride normal and you should be okay.

Memphis shades sells 56mm clamps you should be able to make work along with stock brackets/ slightly modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with all above. Here's my latest with fairing and bags. This all started with wanting to mount external speakers because the ones in my helmet caused headaches.

I learned a few things along the way that I will improve upon during the non-riding season. Bottom Line: my setup is not pretty, the bra hides a lot of mistakes, more zip ties than I care to reveal, though stable at 100 mph, I don't plan to push it further than that.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with all above. Here's my latest with fairing and bags. This all started with wanting to mount external speakers because the ones in my helmet caused headaches.

I learned a few things along the way that I will improve upon during the non-riding season. Bottom Line: my setup is not pretty, the bra hides a lot of mistakes, more zip ties than I care to reveal, though stable at 100 mph, I don't plan to push it further than that.
Also, I have a Midnight Blue and Silver paint set I usually put on during the winter with matching seat/pillion and saddle bags speaker lids.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Some nighttime pics. Question: Is there an easy way to change the gauges lights?

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts

Looks good

My 1st couple revisions of my brackets left some to be desired as well.

I must have reworked my fairing bracket 5x over, bags 6+ times over - easily a month of time in each R&D but they are awesome now !!!

As for gauges there is someone on FB in the vrod groups that sells inserts- looks damn good too

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good

My 1st couple revisions of my brackets left some to be desired as well.

I must have reworked my fairing bracket 5x over, bags 6+ times over - easily a month of time in each R&D but they are awesome now !!!

As for gauges there is someone on FB in the vrod groups that sells inserts- looks damn good too

You do know that I am using your saddle bags brackets? So much better that what I were using. Thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Seriously, I will pay handsomely if someone will fabricate a bracket that will mount a Street Glide Special Fairing and eliminate my vibration issue.
I am knee deep already in fab making a fender that turns our bikes into true baggers - making a mold to make more from fiberglass later too.

I have a idea but idk if it would work - where are you located at gagman666?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am knee deep already in fab making a fender that turns our bikes into true baggers - making a mold to make more from fiberglass later too.

I have a idea but idk if it would work - where are you located at gagman666?

I live near Atlanta, GA.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn - bit far

Let me think for a min on it - I really don’t want to tear apart my bike again.

V-rod02, where do you live? Forum members, who are close, please linkup so he can get measurements to make the bracket. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a muscle for measurements - my bike

Just need to test fit after drawings- means I need a fairing in house and a bike.

(and I really don’t want to tear my bike apart again )

+ bring in middle of fender project

Need to think about solutions-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts