• No Bra

Votes: 91 55.8%
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the bike you perverts :D

I've always had the tank bra on my bike but was thinking of taking it off. I'm guessing it was made to help not scratch the airbox. Anyone scratch their shite without the bra on there? And whats everyones opinion on what looks better?

sorry the second picture sucks, it was with my cell

·
Registered
244 Posts
I like it w/o. I've never had any problems scratching my airbox.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
_06_Night_Rider said:
I like it w/o. I've never had any problems scratching my airbox.
Vic, I agree. A bra on the leading edge to protect from chips, but on the trailing edge seems backwards. I have seen dirt trapped beneath one, causing scratches. JMHO, Joe

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
I personally prefer braless, both bikes and women!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only time I figure it could possibly be scratch is by the buckle on my leather jacket, which I'll start wearing more often now. I'll wait and see what the poll gets to today and do what everyone wants me to do for awhile :thumb:

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I say no bra. On bikes and women. Ditto, on the dust under it scratching the paint, it will. I say put your world champion rodeo belt buckle in a display case and go braless.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mwdhand said:
I say no bra. On bikes and women. Ditto, on the dust under it scratching the paint, it will. I say put your world champion rodeo belt buckle in a display case and go braless.
I'm no cowboy, and have no belt buckle. The buckle I was talkin bout is the one on my jacket on the bottom...

holister%20chp%20jacket.jpg

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
If you actually have a buckle that will get it, then I say bra, but clean under it regularly. I had one on a Mustang GT (back in 93) and it trashed the silver paint on the bottom of the front bumper.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I actually hate them...I find in many situations they case more damage then helps.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I think bras are a bit ghey.

I see how they are supposed to protect the paint, but I think it is a false precaution:
1. Dust/grit will get under there so will rub into the paint anyways.
2. When it comes to taking it off the paint will be less faded.

TBH, if you want to cover the bike in leather "skin" why not do the whole bike.

Saying that anyone with a bra on the front of their car............
Words just escape me :soapbox:

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
No bra and no scratches.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
synseer said:
:them: ...let them puppies (and the bike) be free :boobs:
Then when women are 40 and they're saggin' all over the place we'll complain about them not being as perky as they used to be. We're a bunch of pricks. :D

·
VT bound
449 Posts
i am a bit on the chunky side so i have extra rubbing going on here. so i say skinny no bra. Fat bet the bra.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Alright, I'm man enough to be different. I like the bra. I think it looks good, (also good without it, however) but on the R, before I changed the bars, scratching was definitely an issue.

It is also true that dirt can get trapped and cause scratches. You got to keep your bras clean gentlemen. :wazzup:

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
lakedrunk said:
on the bike you perverts :D

I've always had the tank bra on my bike but was thinking of taking it off. I'm guessing it was made to help not scratch the airbox. Anyone scratch their shite without the bra on there? And whats everyones opinion on what looks better?

Does anyone else think it is funny that HD calls this a tank bra? :banghead:

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Just get some 3M adhesive film and put it where the bra was at. You'll hardly notice it at all and you'll keep the paint safe.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mwdhand said:
Then when women are 40 and they're saggin' all over the place we'll complain about them not being as perky as they used to be. We're a bunch of pricks. :D
That's what is good about implants :D

1 - 20 of 86 Posts