Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by BPP today to see their new airbox cover. The gray one is BPP'S airbox cover and the white one is CustomWorks's airbox cover. The BPP airbox cover has a much different viewing angle on the gage and a lower front profile. See attached pics.

Attachments

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Frank,
which one you gonna get?

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
The gray one looks like it would be difficult to see the gauges when at speed, any thoughts Frank? Eric

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Do we have a price for the BPP one yet? And does it need the extra kit like the Custom Works one? My T bars came in today, I need to make a decision!!! Will the one you are working on Frank be available to anyone?

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan said:
Do we have a price for the BPP one yet? And does it need the extra kit like the Custom Works one? My T bars came in today, I need to make a decision!!! Will the one you are working on Frank be available to anyone?
Ernie will get me a price next week. If the kit you are talking about is to cut down the front stack and change out the filter lid, then the answer is yes. I can not answer your question regarding the American custom paint products. Check with DH. BTW what comes with the extra kit from Customworks.

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Harleyvrodguy said:
The gray one looks like it would be difficult to see the gauges when at speed, any thoughts Frank? Eric
I do not know about seeing it at speed. I have only seen it off the bike. He changed the angle to make it match up to the angle of a stock gage. He thinks it is much better. I will look at one on a bike next week.

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Frank, the Custom Works cover needs an assembly kit that is an extra 40 bucks. I'm not sure what this is for but the one from BPP looks really nice. I'm hoping the fit and finish are as good as it looks.

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dan said:
Frank, the Custom Works cover needs an assembly kit that is an extra 40 bucks. I'm not sure what this is for but the one from BPP looks really nice. I'm hoping the fit and finish are as good as it looks.

Dan,

The BPP cover comes with the chrome/plastic bezel..

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm pretty sure you will find that in both cases you will need to trim down your velocity stacks with these units. Also the beveled center will sit right on top of the stacks. As frank said we are working on new designs that will not require these cuts. Also we are working on two designs that will have larger airscoops built in. We are also shipping 3 regular sets to ozzy to have them chromed should have them back in 30 days or so. the new molds are 13 pcs versesthe old at 5 just because of the gauges. DH

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Thanks Frank, looks like I will see what comes of DH's work on the new cover. A couple of good choices would be great so we could pick our favorite to change up the bike.

DH let us know how things are coming! :thumb:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm interested too!

Hi Dh, Keep us all posted. Relo the console is top of my list of mods! thanks, Fred :laugh: :moped:

Americancustoms said:
Looks like we might have a working proto type in 10 days or so. DH

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
I went to the bpp site and saw theirs painted and on the bike. IMO I like the custom works, bpp seems flat.

·
backcracker
735 Posts
I agree with you Nick, it seems too flat, doubt it would be easy to see at speed.
Thanks for working so hard DH.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts