Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! I bought my first HD V Rod yesterday. It's a 2003 100th anniversary. Picked it up for $2800 with 30000 miles. Anything I should know about these bikes? I've always been a Honda VTX guy but I couldn't this pass up. Hopefully it will restore my faith in HD. I've read with proper maintenance these bikes are near bulletproof. Let me know. Thanks in advance.

-Twilli

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome and congrats. You’re going to love it. There’s a ton of information here, so plan on spending some time. And feel free to ask questions if you have issues

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good morning! I bought my first HD V Rod yesterday. It's a 2003 100th anniversary. Picked it up for $2800 with 30000 miles. Anything I should know about these bikes? I've always been a Honda VTX guy but I couldn't this pass up. Hopefully it will restore my faith in HD. I've read with proper maintenance these bikes are near bulletproof. Let me know. Thanks in advance.

-Twilli
That was a good deal on that bike at 2800.00 Ive owned several Harleys over the years and found my 2004 to honestly be the best bike Ive ever owned. There is a tick over 41,000 on mine and dont get me wrong, I dont put the miles on I used to but it doesnt skip a beat. I just do basic maintenance on it and it just runs. Its a little nichy but, I love that. Its not your typical Motor Company Dinosaur.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Here's a pic. Got it washed. Haven't had time to wax her yet but I'll get her done.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I don't know if you will like it or not I have only had my 03 for 16 years . welcome and you got a real good deal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts