Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Craigslist, I found a 2005 VRSCB with 6400 miles. It is all black, has a Mustang seat, pillion and sissy bar pad, Vance & Hines pipes, luggage rack, T Bag, outside temp thermometer, and oil temp thermometer. It has newish Metzler tires, battery tender, and is in very good condition.

It was in the low 40's when I drove it home this morning. I had plenty of warm clothes so it wasn't a big deal. Definitely warmer than when I used to ride snowmobiles in zero weather.

I have a 2008 Sportster that I am going to sell after I transfer a few goodies. What a difference in bikes!! The V-Rod is so smooth, shifts so much better, rides better, and felt great in the corners. I am really looking forward to warmer weather so I can put some miles on it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Congrats and I hope you enjoy it. Ride 'er down to Bike Week and we'll see ya in Daytona.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Welcome!
A very Merry Christmas for you!

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Congrats on the bike and 05 B's are the best... And Welcome to the forum, make sure you check out the North Carolina registry....

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

Check out the how to videos in my Sig.

Welcome...and harley will make a mechanic out of you.

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
:welcome::vrodforu::welcome: V-Rods are the MoCo's best bike! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the 05 B model.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Welcome! Need to get together with the locals soon for a ride.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome! Need to get together with the locals soon for a ride.
Might wait for the snow to melt!! Supposed to be near 60 by the end of the week. That's a lot better. I washed it today and got the front wheel 90% polished before I ran out of polish. Got some more polish earlier so I will be working on the wheels and polishing the rest of the aluminum tomorrow. Then there is chrome and the painted surfaces to polish and wax.

I have a flashing headlight and tailight on my Sportster. I am going to transfer those items to the Vrod. I also have a device that makes my light switch into a garage door opener which I will also transfer. I also have to transfer my GPS mount and then do the wiring. So I have some work to do during these days that are not really fit for riding.

My best friend neighbor has a street glide. We are both retired and we usually ride around three times a week, weather permitting. We could head towards Gastonia some time and meet up with you.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Might wait for the snow to melt!! Supposed to be near 60 by the end of the week. That's a lot better. I washed it today and got the front wheel 90% polished before I ran out of polish. Got some more polish earlier so I will be working on the wheels and polishing the rest of the aluminum tomorrow. Then there is chrome and the painted surfaces to polish and wax.

I have a flashing headlight and tailight on my Sportster. I am going to transfer those items to the Vrod. I also have a device that makes my light switch into a garage door opener which I will also transfer. I also have to transfer my GPS mount and then do the wiring. So I have some work to do during these days that are not really fit for riding.

My best friend neighbor has a street glide. We are both retired and we usually ride around three times a week, weather permitting. We could head towards Gastonia some time and meet up with you.
Yep, might want to wait for the warmer weather, its not too far away. :)

Anytime you guys want to meet up, let me know. I'm willing to split the distance so our buds from the northern part of the state could ride in too.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the B, I just lost my 05 B last September, got totaled in a rearend... I miss her :(... She was always good to me, never let me down... I have an 06 Nightrod now...

·
One Loud VROD
29 Posts
Welcome. I had a '09 1200 Sportster, and new I was going to trade it in after the first 30 seconds after riding the '04 B I have now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome. I had a '09 1200 Sportster, and new I was going to trade it in after the first 30 seconds after riding the '04 B I have now.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I know what you mean about riding the Vrod compared to the Sportster. And I liked my Sportster. The Vrod is so much more refined. It was near 60 here today but there is a lot of chemical residue on the roads. After rubbing on all that aluminum, I think I will wait until we have a good rain to clean off the roads.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pics of bike

I finished up polishing and cleaning the V-Rod and had a chance to take some pics.

I transferred some things over from my Sportster. One was the GPS mount. I hard wired it to the accessory fuse.

I had these floorboards on my Sportster and they fit perfectly on the Vrod.

Also transferred was my headlight modulator to flash my headlight. I also have a device that, when you move the light switch from low beam to high beam, the garage door will open. I have one more item to transfer, the modulator for the brake light. It makes the light flash five or six times before going solid. Ran out of time!!

www.jerryforthofer.wordpress.com

1 - 20 of 35 Posts