Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black Denim Night Rod. Picked it out and paid for it yesterday. Due to weather and schedule conflicts I had to leave it at the dealer. I arranged to have a friend pick it up for me today while I was at work. He'll take it home, change the oil and give it the once over, etc..

He calls me from the dealer and says, he got to the end of the road and brought it back. The rotors are warped. He leaves it there to get taken care of.
I'm busy, so I send the sales guy an email asking what's up with my options and when it will be fixed. 3 hours later, no reply so I get him on the phone.

He says he saw my email, but there are no managers there who can make a decision on how to handle the issue. He's off tomorrow but someone should be contacting me.

This is my first experience with this dealership. What should take them no more than 45 minutes to fix tomorrow morning, I'm hoping this story will have a happy ending. They open at 9, if I dont get a call by 11, I'll be there at noon.

I was hoping my first post would include a V-ROD in my driveway. Damn my impatience. I want my bike!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Welcome!

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Black Denim Night Rod. Picked it out and paid for it yesterday. Due to weather and schedule conflicts I had to leave it at the dealer. I arranged to have a friend pick it up for me today while I was at work. He'll take it home, change the oil and give it the once over, etc..

He calls me from the dealer and says, he got to the end of the road and brought it back. The rotors are warped. He leaves it there to get taken care of.
I'm busy, so I send the sales guy an email asking what's up with my options and when it will be fixed. 3 hours later, no reply so I get him on the phone.

He says he saw my email, but there are no managers there who can make a decision on how to handle the issue. He's off tomorrow but someone should be contacting me.

This is my first experience with this dealership. What should take them no more than 45 minutes to fix tomorrow morning, I'm hoping this story will have a happy ending. They open at 9, if I dont get a call by 11, I'll be there at noon.

I was hoping my first post would include a V-ROD in my driveway. Damn my impatience. I want my bike!
Glad you decided to join us. I'm sure this will work out, one way or the other. Sure did piss me off to have to take this bike back to the dealer!!! ;)

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,397 Posts
Welcome

You'll be happy you joined the forum..very smart,informed and willing to help people here.
Sucks that you have already experienced some rotten luck with your stealership..and I think THEY should of at least changed the oil and filter before you or your buddy picked her up...JMHO..

Get what you can get done,while,or if,you have some sort of warranty,then do your own wrenching..I have only had my Stealer do work twice,the 1000 mile check up and once when i got thrown from it trying to navigate a gravel driveway and bent a lower frame tube and a stick went thru the radiator..I let the little green lizzard pay for that :angeldev:

good Luck and post a couple pics when you can!

Jim

·
Registered
68 Posts
First leason

Congrads on your new bike and sorry that the first stealership lesson had to be learned so fast. As the previous post noted, only take the bike to a stealership when the insurance is paying. Obtain a shop manual and troll the 1130 pages; between the two and a box of tools you are there.

:deal:

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
Congrats on the purchase but you can be sure the dealer wont have rotors so expect more delay.
These things make a "swooshing" noise as the pads always drag. Are you sure they're warpped?
From the posts in this thread it looks like RJ is his friend and RJ is the one that picked it up and brought it back. If my assumption is correct, I am going to say they are warped and need replacing. :D

We have a saying in New England "In Bill We Trust"

I think there is a similar saying here "In RJ We Trust"

·
Registered
550 Posts
Welcome sorry about the dealership. One of the things i have learned over the years is the dealers move in slow motion. If they agree to fix the rotors u can bet they wont have them in stock so that means they will order them . That means 7-10 days before they get them. Another way to cit down the delay is to go get the rotors yourself and bring them to the dealer. Then you have to hope they get to it soon . Probably not unless u hound them. Sorry about being so negitive but thats what i have experienced.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
My rotors where covered under my extended warranty (3 times), so if the dealer gives you trouble for selling you a "Broken and Dangerous" vehicle and it has an EW pay for nothing.

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
From the posts in this thread it looks like RJ is his friend and RJ is the one that picked it up and brought it back. If my assumption is correct, I am going to say they are warped and need replacing. :D

We have a saying in New England "In Bill We Trust"

I think there is a similar saying here "In RJ We Trust"
You had me at hello.....;) The rotors are definately warped. I rode the bike 2 blocks and took it back to the dealer. The lucky part is that this bike was owned by a friend of RNT Racing, and Rick did all the tuning on this bad boy. With bub's on it, it pulls smooth through the gears.

The dealer is getting a pair of rotors overnight express and they'll replace them for him tomorrow morning.

bigbore is a friend of mine who shares my "other" hobby. This is his shop:

www.adcofirearms.com

If you spend time on AR15.com, you probably know him too!!

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
My rotors where covered under my extended warranty (3 times), so if the dealer gives you trouble for selling you a "Broken and Dangerous" vehicle and it has an EW pay for nothing.
Yeah. That news pissed me right off. Around here brakes and rotors are considered "consumeable" and therefore not covered under warranty. I cancelled my warranty after 3 claims were denied.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dealer is getting a pair of rotors overnight express and they'll replace them for him tomorrow morning.
That's what I was told this morning:) I called the sales manager who wasn't aware of the situation(I called as soon as they opened today). I filled him in, and he called back in 10 minutes telling me it will be fixed tomorrow.

Now I have to ask RJ, again, to spend time on his day off riding my V-ROD around until I get off work....

Maybe there will be an evening oil change party!

·
Registered
550 Posts
You had me at hello.....;) The rotors are definately warped. I rode the bike 2 blocks and took it back to the dealer. The lucky part is that this bike was owned by a friend of RNT Racing, and Rick did all the tuning on this bad boy. With bub's on it, it pulls smooth through the gears.

bigbore is a friend of mine who shares my "other" hobby. This is his shop:

www.adcofirearms.com

If you spend time on AR15.com, you probably know him too!!
I am glad they are going to overnight them and fix in the mornimg. They never did that for me you must have some pull lol. Hope all works out

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
That's what I was told this morning:) I called the sales manager who wasn't aware of the situation(I called as soon as they opened today). I filled him in, and he called back in 10 minutes telling me it will be fixed tomorrow.

Now I have to ask RJ, again, to spend time on his day off riding my V-ROD around until I get off work....

Maybe there will be an evening oil change party!
Should be done by the time you get off work. However, I don't really think you NEED to change the oil. When I checked it before pulling away from the shop, it was brand new.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Should be done by the time you get off work. However, I don't really think you NEED to change the oil. When I checked it before pulling away from the shop, it was brand new.
I'll sleep better KNOWING its brand new, and knowing its amsoil:)

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts