Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the install...good instructions, real clean, real easy, and only took a couple of hours on two nights after work. Biggest hassel was installing the bottle bracket to the down tube without bending the radiator fins (taped a piece of cardboard over the effected area to protect it). Results..... Fantastic....WOT 1st gear hit the button and the front wheel came up!!!! Hit it in 5th thought I was in 3rd! Really impressed with this system, Jacob at Boss Noss is great. Dyno to follow.

·
Registered
229 Posts
:worthless

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of nitrous oxide Bill!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's just over $1000.00 with shipping and it includes EVERYTHING except the gas.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My understanding of the system is that the Boss Noss EFI controller only comes into play when you are on the bottle, otherwise the PCIII is in control. There are a few adjustments that you can make with the BN controller and some of them appear to be duplicates of the PCIII but as shipped all these adjustments are set to duplicate what is currently in your PCIII. The BN controller as shipped will not change any current PCIII settings. Whatever map or tune you have loaded in the PCIII will be in effect any time that the N2O is not engaged. The BN controller is activated when you hit the juice and then it adds a specific quantity of fuel based on your input during a test run(s). You start the test runs at full rich and then you reduce the amount of fuel (going leaner) in small increments until you remove the bog or rich condition. The default setting on their box is 8, (full rich), and I leaned mine one half step to 7.5 which reduced the bog and produced plenty of power while at the same time reducing the possibility of causing lean melt down. Jacob at Boss Noss could probably give you the specific details but everything made perfect sense to me.

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Wildbill said:
Just finished the install...good instructions, real clean, real easy, and only took a couple of hours on two nights after work. Biggest hassel was installing the bottle bracket to the down tube without bending the radiator fins (taped a piece of cardboard over the effected area to protect it). Results..... Fantastic....WOT 1st gear hit the button and the front wheel came up!!!! Hit it in 5th thought I was in 3rd! Really impressed with this system, Jacob at Boss Noss is great. Dyno to follow.
Would love a set of pictures.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Call

Wildbill said:
My understanding of the system is that the Boss Noss EFI controller only comes into play when you are on the bottle, otherwise the PCIII is in control. There are a few adjustments that you can make with the BN controller and some of them appear to be duplicates of the PCIII but as shipped all these adjustments are set to duplicate what is currently in your PCIII. The BN controller as shipped will not change any current PCIII settings. Whatever map or tune you have loaded in the PCIII will be in effect any time that the N2O is not engaged. The BN controller is activated when you hit the juice and then it adds a specific quantity of fuel based on your input during a test run(s). You start the test runs at full rich and then you reduce the amount of fuel (going leaner) in small increments until you remove the bog or rich condition. The default setting on their box is 8, (full rich), and I leaned mine one half step to 7.5 which reduced the bog and produced plenty of power while at the same time reducing the possibility of causing lean melt down. Jacob at Boss Noss could probably give you the specific details but everything made perfect sense to me.
I too have the Boss system, great power and yes it does pull the front end off the ground. Call Jacob and make sure you have your first 3 settings correct so that your PCIII IS in control, he explained how to do it, very simple. I have my N2O set at 6-7.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
it does my heart good to see so many of you guys enjoying this stuff......*sniff* *sniff*
(that's sniffing as in "crying"...not huffing the bottles....fyi) hehehe

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
it's almost a natural phenomenon....once you use it, you won't want to run without it......

·
Banned
868 Posts
Did 95% of my BossNoss install today. Don't have any nitrous for my bottles yet, hopefully tomorrow. I did take the bike for a ride, arm the system and hit the button to check for additional fuel. Bike bogged and blew a puff of smoke so now all I need is some juice to add to it. I'm starting with the 30 shot in hopes of not overpowering the clutch. I can't get on the dyno for another week or so because they're busy. Will be getting with Mike of Black Cat Motorsports in a couple of weeks to beef up the clutch.
Dana
:nos (almost):D

·
Banned
868 Posts
I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow after work. Mine is a stealth setup sort of like Mike had on Sandy's bike. Can't see anything on the outside of the bike but the arming switch on the horn bracket and you got to be really looking to see that.
Dana

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Photos

I'll try to shoot some pics shortly but ndfspd posted some great shots in his 6/28/07 post titled "BOSS-NOSS Install" in this area.

·
Registered
148 Posts
^^ make sure to keep us informed. I am thinking of squirting my scoot too.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts