Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the link to boss-noss?

I'm ready to order, but cant find the address in a search...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, I found it... bossnoss.com gave me a link to some snowmobile forum... but boss-noss.com (with a hyphen) gave me the correct page.

Doh!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW, have any of you put a Boss-Noss system on your VRSCDX also utilizing the Tab race fueler or similar PCIII? Any problems adding anothing computer controlled device to your VROD?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One last question... is the nitrous oxide used for automotive and motorcycle applications the same stuff used in dental offices? I am a dentist and have a company that refills my "E" cylinder tanks for my office, I figured they could also fill my 2.0 lbs tank as well if its the same stuff, I heard that racing nitrous is different than what we have in the dental office because they dont want people sniffing the stuff to get high.. but perhaps thats just an urban legend?

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
One last question... is the nitrous oxide used for automotive and motorcycle applications the same stuff used in dental offices? I am a dentist and have a company that refills my "E" cylinder tanks for my office, I figured they could also fill my 2.0 lbs tank as well if its the same stuff, I heard that racing nitrous is different than what we have in the dental office because they dont want people sniffing the stuff to get high.. but perhaps thats just an urban legend?
They are both the same,but the "racing" n2o has sulferdioxide added to it,which can kill you.The dentist stuff will give you a buzz.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Vinny, so basically I can use dental nitrous right? Being a medical grade gas, its probably more pure and cleaner???

·
Banned
868 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
BTW, have any of you put a Boss-Noss system on your VRSCDX also utilizing the Tab race fueler or similar PCIII? Any problems adding anothing computer controlled device to your VROD?
I have an '06 D with the Boss-Noss setup. I have their controller piggybacked on my PCIII. I just disabled the other tuning features and using only the nitrous feature. Works real well and hopefully by Saturday night I'll have some dyno sheets to look at.
Dana

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
Thanks Vinny, so basically I can use dental nitrous right? Being a medical grade gas, its probably more pure and cleaner???
Yes for people.But the sulferdioxide has no performance losses or gains.Either,will give you the same hp.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Vinny said:
They are both the same,but the "racing" n2o has sulferdioxide added to it,which can kill you.The dentist stuff will give you a buzz.

truth be told, they haven't added sulphur dioxide to nitrous in over 5 years.....the industrial/automotive grade and medical grade nitrous both come out of the same "vat".....they just never took the warnings off so that racers wouldn't be tempted to huff it.....

·
Registered
309 Posts
Mark, my buddy has a 60# tank that he uses to refill his smaller bottles. It's much cheaper when you can buy larger quantities. Most of the places that sell gases like aceteline (sp?) and oxygen also carry nitrous. You can buy an expensive deal to refill your bottles or just freeze your smaller bottles and you can get more in them when you refill them.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Your bottles need to be chilled and then filled to the proper weight. If you over fill them it just increases the bottle pressure. Therefore needing to purge the excess off. I have a 75# bottle that cost $130.00 to fill. Very affordable when purchased bulk. Being a dentist you will be able to right off any NOS used on the bike.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hehehhe.... reminds me of the dentist who rode the motorcycle in "The little shop of horrors"!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
GET THE VITALIS! QUICK! THE VITALIS!

hehehe

one of my favorite musicals of all time......Steve Martin did an awesome job in that movie....as did Bill Murray!

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
mikelewis said:
truth be told, they haven't added sulphur dioxide to nitrous in over 5 years.....the industrial/automotive grade and medical grade nitrous both come out of the same "vat".....they just never took the warnings off so that racers wouldn't be tempted to huff it.....

Is that personal exp. talkin Mike? :nos

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
oh like YOU'VE never done it!!! hehehe

no, that's actually because a friend of mine is a chemical engineer for one of the only manufacturers of nitrous oxide in bulk in the country......they sell to all the distributors, welding outfits, etc......

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Your bottles need to be chilled and then filled to the proper weight. If you over fill them it just increases the bottle pressure. Therefore needing to purge the excess off. I have a 75# bottle that cost $130.00 to fill. Very affordable when purchased bulk. Being a dentist you will be able to right off any NOS used on the bike.

Joe, overfilling a bottle doesn't actually increase pressure......the only thing that affects bottle pressure is temperature....that's why you can never judge how much nitrous is left in a bottle by pressure....only by weight......overfilling DOES however make the bottle pressure drop more quickly during extended periods of activation due to the limited amount of air space in the bottle..(nitrous in the bottle is in it's liquid form).....if that makes sense...

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
sohighlyunlikely said:
I worked for a gas distributer (AIRGAS) a couple of years ago and we were putting the sulfer in our our race NOS as we bottled it.
They are putting sulfur in mine for sure. When you crack the line you can smell it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts