Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I found out what was wrong with my BN system!

I was out of Nitrous!!!! hahahahaha....

With a FRESH tank, hit the nitrous button and you'd see a white cloudy gas fill the airbox (top off of course)... just cuz you hear the "pshhhhh" spraying, doesnt mean you got solid N20!!!

For the last dozen shots (2-3 seconds), I was wondering why i had no power... true, nitrous gas was flowing but it was anywhere near as concentrated on a full tank!

Finally took my airbox cover off to invetigate, thought I had a loose wire or something? Hit the horn button, and heard the "pshhhhhhhh" gas sound, even felt it on the end of the nozzle, but no cold air, no white cloud vapor, not much... my tank was running dry.

With the 40 shot, I estimate that I can get at least 20 good shots out of it and that's it.

FWIW, get a bigger tank! YMMV

·
Banned
868 Posts
FWIW, get a bigger tank! YMMV[/QUOTE]
Mark, I can get 3 1/8 mile runs on the 20oz bottle. That's about 18 to 20 seconds at a 50 shot. I usually refill after the second run to be safe.
A bigger bottle would be better but I like the stealth mode in the air box so I'll have to stick with what I have. Sure is FUN:D
Dana

·
Banned
868 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Why would you say the Boss Noss system sucks? When YOU were the one that did not refill your bottle.
Me thinks that was "tongue-in-cheek" Damn man they must have put you on the payroll. Lighten up.:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahahha... joe, its called sarcasm! :)

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Joe...You've been reading too many DMX threads. Time to go back to having fun.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
danasmith69 said:
Me thinks that was "tongue-in-cheek" Damn man they must have put you on the payroll. Lighten up.:D
I told you!!!:laugh: :laugh:

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Why would you say the Boss Noss system sucks? When YOU were the one that did not refill your bottle.
He didn't, he said the "Bodd-Noss" system sucks. ;)

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
oh is that a new system i havent heard about yet?
Yep it's a super secret DMX NOS system due out in Spring 08'.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mark Ducati said:

95% of what i have seen go wrong with this system, is just that.
User error. This system is soild and doesn't leave you hanging.
i have been running the system for 4 years on my snowmobile.
I came to this site by way of a buddy in Indiana telling me about all this great turbo talk. And thats the route I am going. I didn't even think of juicing it up, becuase I am not going to be running it at the drags. But it sounds like this system is working pretty dang good on the streets. I have meet those guys a few times and will see them again at the up coming snow show. i will have to talk with them about there system befor i make my choice.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Not knocking the NOS but my turbo serves me at all rpm and speeds...I am amazed at teh difference it makes in my bike.

It is night and day compared to no turbo....and the darn sound is the best I have heard on any vrod

·
Registered
883 Posts
Try a gauge?

Mark Ducati said:

With a FRESH tank, hit the nitrous button and you'd see a white cloudy gas fill the airbox (top off of course)... just cuz you hear the "pshhhhh" spraying, doesnt mean you got solid N20!!!

For the last dozen shots (2-3 seconds), I was wondering why i had no power... true, nitrous gas was flowing but it was anywhere near as concentrated on a full tank!

Finally took my airbox cover off to invetigate, thought I had a loose wire or something? Hit the horn button, and heard the "pshhhhhhhh" gas sound, even felt it on the end of the nozzle, but no cold air, no white cloud vapor, not much... my tank was running dry.

With the 40 shot, I estimate that I can get at least 20 good shots out of it and that's it.

FWIW, get a bigger tank! YMMV
A simple nos gauge would do the trick.

·
Banned
288 Posts
No it would'nt.... the gauge only tell's the pressure...the bottle needs to be weighted to measure how much content is within.

BlackCat:nos :nos

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Black Cat said:
No it would'nt.... the gauge only tell's the pressure...the bottle needs to be weighted to measure how much content is within.

:them:Bottle pressure can be raised by temp'heating' as well as lower by temp'cooling':deal: ! It's Great Stuff when Your Bottles Full,but when it run's out the Parties over:angeldev: !My Turbo just keeps pulling ,and pulling till I run out of Earth:kaz:

·
Banned
288 Posts
Why don't ya change a few sprockets on your scoot and show up in K.C. and give us a "turbo" lesson.And for public record...MY BOTTLES DON"T RUN OUT,I check them.Didn't this all start out as a spoof and now it's turned into a infomercial for hairdryers..... WTF.....Bring some shit out and "let's play"

BlackCat :nos :nos :nos :nos
Pretty much nobody

·
Registered
883 Posts
mine does

Black Cat said:

Thats funny when my is out of n2o the gauge reads 0 and it is empty.

·
Banned
288 Posts
Sir...Please stop showing you nitrous inexperience. You've missed one of the "basic" rules of using nitrous. Bottle pressure and bottle weight have no correlation. An empty bottle can show high pressure on a hot day, and a FULL bottle can show low pressure on a cold day..BUT, the way to find out HOW much JUICE is left in the bottle is to weight it. PERIOD... Pressures are to be controlled by the user.
BlackCat:nos :nos :nos :nos

·
Registered
883 Posts
Sir

Black Cat said:
Sir...Please stop showing you nitrous inexperience. You've missed one of the "basic" rules of using nitrous. Bottle pressure and bottle weight have no correlation. An empty bottle can show high pressure on a hot day, and a FULL bottle can show low pressure on a cold day..BUT, the way to find out HOW much JUICE is left in the bottle is to weight it. PERIOD... Pressures are to be controlled by the user.
BlackCat:nos :nos :nos :nos
OK have it your way, all I know it's a f****** bottle of gas and when my silly little n2o gauge says 0 I get it refilled. How much experience do you really need. My system is regulated at 300 all the time, I don't have all that plumbing, wires, selonoids, tubing, regulators, just a simple system that produces 40hp Until the gauge reads ZERO.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts