Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the kit on my 06 Night Rod last week and was wondering if anyone had any tips on tuning/set up. It doesn't seem like it's giving me the 50hp it's supposed to. A friend and I tuned it according to the instructions that came with it. Since this picture I switched the bottles around so that the nozzles are faceing twords the back of the bike, didn't seem to change anything either.

Attachments

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
yeah, your mileage may vary, LOL \

I only saw 38HP from the 50HP nozzles, but I was happy with the true gain of 38

·
Soul Stumpy
2,186 Posts
I got exactly 40 horses from 60 hp nozzles, but that was with one bottle facing valve fwd, the other backward. I contacted Boss Noss in this regard, they told me to place both bottles with the valves facing rearward AND pointing down. This is to make sure you get the liquid nitrous, not just the gas.

I have repositioned the bottles as per Boss Noss' instructions, but I have not had time or opportunity to re-dyno. Seems every time I get a chance my at-home refill bottle goes empty LOL.

Although the BN-power is really smooth, I would think I'd notice more seat-of-pants difference from a full 20 ponies extra. So I have my doubts...but I promise to let everyone know as soon as the dyno run is done. If I do not get my 60 ponies, I am considering two nitrous nozzles per stack and new injectors.

My bike has been tuned extensively with both dynos & a Twin Scan prior to adding the nitrous.

I have not yet seen anyone with a dyno sheet proving a 60hp gain from 60hp BN nozzles on a V!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just installed the kit on my 06 Night Rod last week and was wondering if anyone had any tips on tuning/set up. It doesn't seem like it's giving me the 50hp it's supposed to. A friend and I tuned it according to the instructions that came with it. Since this picture I switched the bottles around so that the nozzles are faceing twords the back of the bike, didn't seem to change anything either.
Hey man I got a question about your setup what did you do to filter your air for the IAC valve in between the cone filters on the throttle bodies

·
Registered
776 Posts
Holy thread revival. He hasn't been on since July 7 2011 (9 years ago) I wouldn't hold your breath for a answer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts