Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted these questions in the old BOSS NOSS set-up sticky thread a week ago and haven't had any replies, so I started a new thread just in case some of you can help. Installing BOSS NOSS stealth kit little by little and planning to finish it in a month.

1) Should I aim to drill the holes in the velocity stacks for the nozzles as low as possible? Example, closer to the actual injectors? Is there any proven "ideal" height for the nozzles? Maybe that's the reason some members are getting closer HP numbers to the ones aimed for with each particular set of nozzles?

2) Should both lines (black thin plastic ones) feeding the nozzles be of the same lenght (from the Smart box to the nozzles)? I guess the answer is yes, but I got a used set and it has a longer line than the other one, I asume than even very slightly, one cylinder will get the spray sooner than the other...

3) Should I use the stock velocity stacks or maybe shorter? This question comes from other members' pics of their set-up, I noticed some using the shorter Destroyer stacks, or stockers cutted down

4) Should I aim to have the NOS braided lines (connecting bottles to the smart box) as short as possible? I know NOS is not as fast as electricity (LOL), but was just thinking if the lines were shorter, the NOS would get there 'easier' and without being wasted running through the lines. :hidesbeh:

Like always, thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
haven`t run a boss noss setup but have run nitrous setups on kawasaki drag bikes.. the lines don`t have to be exactly equal length but you are right in trying to keep them close to the same length..the length of the velocity stack won`t matter to the nitrous and the location isn`t critical as far as the hp delivered...short nitrous lines are better..

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your help! Just trying to learn from people that have done it before to do it well in the first place, regards!

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys, to install the injector plugs that goes to the controler in the Boss Noss stealth kit, do I need to remove the throttle body to get to the injectors? I find the space very limited to do it with the TB in place...has anyone done it without removing the TBs?

Also, I noticed the injector plugs on the bike have a metal security clip but the nos injector plugs doesn't have any. Is that normal or am I missing the metal clips on the NOS plugs???

·
Soul Stumpy
2,186 Posts
I removed my TB to get down there...

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i installed a dobeck tuner and had to get to the injector plugs, it was a PITA not so sure pulling the throttle body wouldn't be easier.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, If I'm not wrong the Doebeck unit is the same as the Boss Noss controler?? Does the controler plugs going to the injectors have a metal security clip as the plug on the bike???

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Thanks, If I'm not wrong the Doebeck unit is the same as the Boss Noss controler?? Does the controler plugs going to the injectors have a metal security clip as the plug on the bike???
if its new then i think it should, the other gen 3 and 3.5 do

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Not yet Pat, what's his forum name? Is him the one with the new Destroyer planning to run with NOS?
Yes that's him. His Forum name is BOSSNoss. They do lots of Stealth installs. I'm sure he'd be happy to help you out.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
:popcorn:coff::popcorn

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Progressive controller

Well, apparently this tiny bitch is backordered from NOS and everyone ran out of them, luckily enough for me I got one from a local dealer who had one on the display shelf... My mech is installing it this week, let's see... :dance:

Attachments

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
Can't wait to see your before and after dyno's man, keep us posted.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Well, apparently this tiny bitch is back ordered from NOS and everyone ran out of them, luckily enough for me I got one from a local dealer who had one on the display shelf... My Mech is installing it this week, let's see... :dance:
Fabian, That " tiny bitch " is a very good idea for use. You won't be sorry.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
must continue to fight bolt on HP urge... You guys are killing me this year with all the boost! So damn tempted!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts