Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Nitrous is dangerous and unreliable. For street riders TURBO is the way to go!
BTW the only difference is point of entry. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks joe. i was just wondering what the diffrence would be reliably i kinda like how clean the boss noss looks. i like it alot, and i have hurd nothing but great things from them

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
nightrod81 said:
your taking out the direct port?
Ah, NO! This system is not for my bike.
Your sweating the petty stuff. For what you will be doing with your bike, the Boss Noss system would be perfect. VERY easy install with up to a 50hp shot.
Just buy the system and you will be spraying nitrous a couple hours later. If you decide to do something else the system comes off as fast as it goes on.
BTW you need to pet the sweaty things!

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Harleyvrodguy said:
Joe, can the BN system connect for direct port ?
Thanks, Eric
The problem would be finding an injector nozzle that holds BossNoss jets. Or Jets big enough to flow at 300psi. with somebody else's nozzles. All the nozzles I have seen are for wet systems. 2 jets per nozzle!
So what I guess Iam trying to say is NO. There are lots of creative people on here though. Maybe somebody has a way to pull it off. Its really irrelevant, as long as your getting the nos to the motor.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the help joe and petting is fun LOL
by the way i take it you cant go past 50 shot with the boss noss huh?

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
nightrod81 said:
thanks for the help joe and petting is fun LOL
by the way i take it you cant go past 50 shot with the boss noss huh?
Your killing me man:banghead: Were did you read that this system will make more than 50hp?

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no im saying can you go farther than a 50 shot? or does the system only go up to 50 hp shot. you said in the one thread up to 50 shot. so i was wondering if theres jets for the boss noss for like a 60 or 70 or 80.. sorry for the confusion..

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
No confusion. Contrary to popular belief. The BossNoss system is DRY(No Fuel solenoid) Therefore the stock fuel injectors get "tricked" by the fuel management device to flow wide open. The stock injectors are only capable of adding enough additional fuel to limit the system to 50hp. If you wanted to add bigger jets. You would need to add additional fuel. I.e. a wet system.
You wouldn't need more than a 50 shot for the street anyway. Check out Blackcats avatar, thats a third gear wheelie! on a 50 shot. Thats 150hp to the rear wheel. Plenty for the street bro!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Nitrous is dangerous and unreliable. For street riders TURBO is the way to go!
BTW the only difference is point of entry. Hope that helps.
:them: :thumb: !

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
nightrod81 said:
thanks joe.. i will be ordering the boss noss kit. next week..
Are you sure this time????

Just kidding.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL yes im positive this time.. i rode in a car with nos a few weeks ago and i was just amazed on how it pulls. its crazy stuff i love it.. hope it goes well with the stroker kit..

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
nightrod81 said:
LOL yes im positive this time.. i rode in a car with nos a few weeks ago and i was just amazed on how it pulls. its crazy stuff i love it.. hope it goes well with the stroker kit..
Why would you wait to install it ? Its a hour install! VERY easy install. Plug and play. You may just decide to keep the money for the bb and just buy a really big NOS bottle.
You getting the hidden system?

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im not sure yet. i like the look of the bottle on the side of the bike. and i like a bigger bottle if i could. i dont want to run out of it after 1 or 2 runs

1 - 20 of 47 Posts