Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
F2NV
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD -

This listing is for a complete Boss Noss / NOS Nitrous system. I have used this system for the last 7 years. It is pretty much a wire up, test a few settings and you’re ready to go. I am selling it b/c I just don’t use it that much anymore. This system can be controlled via the NOS controller electronics or manually by pressing the horn button. It is a 2x30 hp shot. The items you will need are a purge tube (metal line from autozone) and a momentary push switch.

The install is not hard and the instructions are very clear. I will provide all instructions as well as schematics to wire it up.

Included in this system is:
  • 2.5 lb nitrous bottle with pressure gauge and frame mount (will be shipped unfilled)
  • Boss Noss Smart box
  • Boss Noss TFI controller with injector connectors
  • NOS electronic controller with remote
  • Zex purge solenoid
  • Injectors, Hoses and connectors
  • Wiring diagrams and instructions
I am asking $450 obo + shipping. I will ship international. Shipping will probably run ~$30 depending on location. My zip is 28115.

Any questions, additional pictures or information, feel free to let me know.

Attachments

Reactions: Markh

·
F2NV
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump shot

·
F2NV
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Price lowered to $550

·
F2NV
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump. OBO

·
Registered
586 Posts
Never been on a bike with NO2. How long could you hold the button with that little bottle? Were you drag racing? Completely curious is all.

I know someone mentioned welding up the swingarm and using it as an airtank for their air suspension. Wonder how much volume there is in the arm for say a very stealthy nitrous storage "tank".

Good times.

·
'04 1300
3,070 Posts
@freudie1 - I run a similar setup and get ~2-3 1/4 mile passes (running a 60HP shot) out of a 1lb bottle, or 4-6 short blasts on the street. It'd be very challenging and risky to make the swingarm a nitrous tank, as nitrous bottle pressures can run ~1000 PSI.

·
F2NV
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Freudie1

I was going to take the bike to the track to drag (not professional by any means, more just for fun) but I ended up moving and plans changed. I would mainly use it on the on-ramps on the hwy or to go from 40-100 REALLY fast!!

There are 2 ways to activate the nitrous. It can be set with the NOS controller to spray under certain parameters - throttle position, rpm, etc. I had it to spray at 60% and 5k rpms. It can also be activated by pressing the horn button. To answer your question of how long the button can be held, well, i dont know. When it sprayed it would activate b/n 1-4 seconds. This would put me at or beyond the speed I wanted to be or I would run out of road.

The bottle is a 2.5 lb bottle and it lasted me a good while. Thankfully there is a shop around me that sells nitrous for $5/lb, so it's fairly cheap horsepower. The bottle has a bracket that mounts very well to the downtube frame rail. I think using the swingarm as a tank would be alot of work and while yes it's stealth the work to function ratio is quite large. As sburke91 said the pressures get very high. The gauge on my tank reads 1400psi when ready. I'm sure it could be made to hold the pressure but with a kit that is already laid out, you would have to be real motivated to make/rig something else.

On a different note, I have another 2.5 lb bottle currently mounted that I use as an air reserve tank. This is connected to my Arnott shocks so it inflates the shocks in ~1 second instead of the usual 20-30 seconds that the compressor takes to inflate the shocks. I get about 4 bursts until empty and a pressure switch that activates the compressor to fill the tank when needed.

·
F2NV
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
TTT with lowered price

·
F2NV
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ttt

·
F2NV