Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried using the Boss Noss fueler as their sole fueler? i.e., remove any other fuelers (i.e., tab, techlusion, gil's, pciii, etc)

I ordered a kit and want to eliminate my TAB fueler if I can. The TAB fueler works great, no complaints, but if I can simplify my setup I'm sure I'll be rewarded with fewer problems.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Thats sounds like the way to go. The Boss Noss controller can do the same functions of the TAB. With the added bonus of the nitrous mode!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah, the BN controller can do EVERYTHING the TAB tuner can do, and more....

Only problem is, good luck programming it if you have no mechanical abilities like me...

At least the TAB is pre-programmed and a no-brainer. If I were going to go with solely the BN tuner, I'd take it to a shop with a dyno and let them tune it... but that will cost money.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm no stranger to tuning engines...

Does anyone know how many "points" are on the Boss-Noss fueler and what throttle percentages or RPMs are at each point?

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Call BN and ask them for the stock v-rod settings, I am sure they have tunned them in the past.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Boss Noss!

bkervaski said:
I'm no stranger to tuning engines...

Does anyone know how many "points" are on the Boss-Noss fueler and what throttle percentages or RPMs are at each point?
There are 16 fuel points in a BOSS NOS EFI Controller. 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, through 8.

To properly tune the fuel to the Nitrous 'hit', start in the Nitrous mode at fuel point setting 8. Run 2-3-4 gear to the upper rpms. ANY bogging or 'cracking' (expected) indicates too rich of a fuel/nitrous ratio. Go back into Nitrous'hit' mode and reduce the fuel point setting .5 and repeat until the FIRST 'clean' run. STOP! You are tuned. For OPTIMUM Fuel/Nitrous ratio setting, read exaust gasses with an AFR 'sniffer', or the O2 sniffer on a dyno. 12.5 AFR is recommended for optimal performance and safety.

If we can be of further help, please DO contact us anytime!

Happy spraying!

Randy Schwind, National Sales Manager
BOSS NOSS

317-622-1835

[email protected]

http://www.aimpages.com/bossnosshp/profile.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts