Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read through the instructions... seems simple enough to install.

Quick question for those of you with a PC3, or in my case I've got the TAB Tuner already plugged in.

Its been said on here that you can piggy back the BOSS-NOSS controller along with your race tuner/fueler.

Since the TAB is plugged into the front/rear cylinder heads now, and the stock injectors are plugged into the tabs, do I simply unplug the stockers and plug them into the BOSS-NOSS and then plug the Boss-Noss into where the stockers were?

Is that how you piggy back them?

Or does the Boss-Noss need to be plugged into the cylinder heads first? Then the TAB fueler plugged into it? Does it matter?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Second question, I understand that the BN fueler is set full Rich at position 8 and that I need to hit the juice, see if it bogs down (expected), then turn it down 1/2 increment and repeat until I get a favorable response.

Okay, so what about the other modes? Will I need to adjust them or leave them alone?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Third question, the Boss-Noss fueler connectors that plug into the injectors dont seem to make a differentiation between Front and Rear as the TAB fueler did... does front/rear make a difference with the Boss-Noss?

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
From what I understand the BN fueler will plug in first then your TAB controller. There is no difference from front to rear with the connectors. As far as the mode changes. You will need to adjust all three modes to a fast flash. If this is not helpful or you have further questions don't hesitate to give Chet a call at Boss industries. (801)785-3413

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks smokenjoe,

I just talked to chet... he said same thing, plug the boss in first, front/rear makes no diff... then plug tab into that.

This is gonna be fun fishing/refishing all these wires under the throttle body :)

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Your welcome Mark. Anytime I can help feel free to give me a shout. Be sure to let us know how the install went and what you think of that instant power.
What size shot are you running? Have you done anything to your clutch?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, installed BN injectors into the front and rear heads, That tabs went into the BN connector harness, and then the stock injectors into the tab... so Stock--->TAB--->BN----> Front/Rear heads.

Both the BN and Tab fueler are grounded, havent hooked up the switch to the horn yet...

Turned power on, tab light comes on, ignition on, but bike wont start? What gives? I checked the connectors to make sure they're not upside down... bike cranks but it wont spark?

Is that because I have no power to the BN unit yet? I wouldnt think it'd make a difference as we're just using the harness to extend the wires...

I dont have time to finish the job tonight, gotta take the little one to soccer practice...

Suggestions?

I went with a 40 shot... and one bottle.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, got home from practice....

SHIT! It took me like a dozen times to figure how to hook all the connectors up to piggy back them!

Bike runs, both the TAB and BN fueler light comes on...

But had a slight problem... one of the wires pulled out of the BN connector, couldnt get the metal pin out of the connector box...

Went to AutoZone, bought a straight pin connector, crimped it onto each wire and manually shoved it into the appropriate female connector...

I wonder of BN can ship me a new connector to hook it up right?

Gonna get the tank filled on Saturday... we'll see how it runs.

I let it idle in the garage, gave it some gas while hitting the nitrous button, even with no juice I thought It'd have bogged down... but it didnt, is this normal?

I turned the green setting 2, yellow 2, and red 3 settings all down to 1. The 4th setting flashing yellow-blue is up at 8.

Something wrong?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Smokenjoe,

I was thinking, I'm not going to need a new connector.... I'll just go back to autozone and buy some of those tubular double ended female splice connectors... the kind you crimp the wire into each end then use a hair dryer to shrink the tubing around it.

As for not bogging down, when the bike is not running and the nitrous/horn switch is flipped to BN, I can here it click making the activation... when the bike is running, it didnt bog down, but then again I didnt have at wide open throttle, it was pretty much just idling and I only reved it to maybe 2000rpm?

I'll get it hooked up tonight and take it for a spin and see what happens...

Oh, and when first started up the yellow(maybe its green) light blinks from left to right from 1-8, then blinks back down 8-1 like its doing an initial boot up or diagnostic? And then goes to the solid green light that I set at 1... is that normal?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Instruction Manual

Mark Ducati said:
Smokenjoe,

I was thinking, I'm not going to need a new connector.... I'll just go back to autozone and buy some of those tubular double ended female splice connectors... the kind you crimp the wire into each end then use a hair dryer to shrink the tubing around it.

As for not bogging down, when the bike is not running and the nitrous/horn switch is flipped to BN, I can here it click making the activation... when the bike is running, it didnt bog down, but then again I didnt have at wide open throttle, it was pretty much just idling and I only reved it to maybe 2000rpm?

I'll get it hooked up tonight and take it for a spin and see what happens...

Oh, and when first started up the yellow(maybe its green) light blinks from left to right from 1-8, then blinks back down 8-1 like its doing an initial boot up or diagnostic? And then goes to the solid green light that I set at 1... is that normal?
Did you receive an instruction manual from BOSS? Call them and ask for some tech support so you get it installed correctly, I did. Don't be afraid to ask all the questions you need to they are more than happy to help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts