Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm installing a dual Boss Noss bottle kit. I can't figure out for my life, how to get the clamps on the down tube. I unbolted the radiator, but I can't get to the head of the forward bolt with a tool on the inside.

I was going to just remove the radiator completely but just from a glimpse it looks like an ordeal.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow. What a pain in the ass, installing the bottles. I had to dremel an "L" wrench down an inch to get it to fit in a way that wouldn't damage the radiator. It's just the way the radiator is on there, there's really no other way to do it. They install great once you get around the radiator.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FYI, for the next guy, take off the radiator covers (The painted plastic) before trying the bracket install and MAKE SURE the bottle ring is extremely tight before installing and use Locktite on everything. These couple pointers will save a lot of hassle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ndfspd said:
LOVE IT! A couple of install notes; when installing the frame part of the bottle clamp tighten the allen head screw closest to the radiator all the way tight leave the other one loose if you don't you will never be able to tighten the one closest to the radiator. Make sure the bottle portion of the clamp is real tight to the frame mount. I think the hardest part of the install was fishin the wires to the fuel injectors (leave the horn off the bike till the end) All in all I love the extra boost! ps the guage I added is only to tell me when I am empty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts