Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Big Red
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just installed a Boss Noss system on 2002 VRod. Unfortunately I don't yet have any NOS in bottle yet.

I have Power Commander III with K & N filter and Super trapp. My question is does the Boss Noss EFI unit override the PC III settings during normal riding.

Do I have to take it to a shop to get it retuned on a dyno?

Thanks........Mark

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
turn off all the settings for the BN fueler except for the NOS function.

·
Banned
868 Posts
mark2661 said:
Hi I have just installed a Boss Noss system on 2002 VRod. Unfortunately I don't yet have any NOS in bottle yet.

I have Power Commander III with K & N filter and Super trapp. My question is does the Boss Noss EFI unit override the PC III settings during normal riding.

Do I have to take it to a shop to get it retuned on a dyno?

Thanks........Mark
The Boss Noss fueler will override the PCIII if you don't disable the first three functions, done by holding the (-) button until the #1 flashes rapidly in each function. Put the fourth function, fuel adder when on nitrous, at 8 to start. You don't have to have a dyno tune but it would be a good idea once you have it set up to get a dyno pull to make sure you're not running lean.
I would also suggest that if you go with the 50hp jets that you use top quality gas. I run Sunoco 100 octane when I'm racing. With the 40hp and lower 93 octane pump gas should be fine.
Hope that helps.
Dana

·
Big Red
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dana for your help. Have done what you said and is running good. Now to get some NOS into that bottle.

·
Formerly BobK
647 Posts
I just saw one today on the dyno bone stock made 160hp. Sorry can't say where until the owner is notified.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts