Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys may already be aware of this... but I found a place on ebay that offers a 10% discount as a BossNoss Dealer, they're a little cheaper than ordering direct form Boss Noss + free shipping.

http://www.kjmotorsports.com

He said that you can call to place your order directly, or order on line... online orders dont give the free shipping, but he said they take that off if you do order on line.

Boss Noss has the setup for $774, these guys have it for $696.... Hey, $75 bucks is $75 bucks, right?

The guy I talked to also said that you could get your set up with whatever HP shot you wanted... he said most start out with a 15-30hp shot, but a 50 and 60 shot tip is available too....

What would you recommend? I was thinking of going with a 30 to start, and then ordering the 60 once I get used to the set up? What do you think?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just so I'm clear here...

Looks like you still need to purchase Boss-Noss's EFI controller as a separate purchase, right?

Its a little confusing, they show they're EFI controller as part of "the kit" in this picture:

But under the details:
System Details: Motorcycle Specifications:
Sport: Street Stroke:
Included Fuel Pump: Requires BOSS EFI Controller
Bottle Size: 2.0 Lbs. Fuel Pump: Yes
Bottle Style: Brushed Aluminum Battery: Yes
Smart Box Style: Standard
Looks like you have to purchase the EFI controller separately? That's another $330 bucks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, go with the 50? I think I'll try the 30 first and then get a set of 50 nozzles...

I've never had nitrous before on a car/bike/etc... I'd hate to wheelie and loop this 600lbs beast on top of me!

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
Thanks for the advice, go with the 50? I think I'll try the 30 first and then get a set of 50 nozzles...

I've never had nitrous before on a car/bike/etc... I'd hate to wheelie and loop this 600lbs beast on top of me!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Loop a V Rod?

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
You guys may already be aware of this... but I found a place on ebay that offers a 10% discount as a BossNoss Dealer, they're a little cheaper than ordering direct form Boss Noss + free shipping.

He said that you can call to place your order directly, or order on line... online orders dont give the free shipping, but he said they take that off if you do order on line.

Boss Noss has the setup for $774, these guys have it for $696.... Hey, $75 bucks is $75 bucks, right?

The guy I talked to also said that you could get your set up with whatever HP shot you wanted... he said most start out with a 15-30hp shot, but a 50 and 60 shot tip is available too....

What would you recommend? I was thinking of going with a 30 to start, and then ordering the 60 once I get used to the set up? What do you think?
30 shot is a good starting point. Not really violent but it will make a difference.

·
Banned
868 Posts
[Q
But under the details:

Looks like you have to purchase the EFI controller separately? That's another $330 bucks![/QUOTE]

That's correct. With the fuel controller you're looking at more money, I think about 1,000 total for everything, which is still not bad for what you get. If you already have a fuel controller, PCIII or what ever, you can program it to go full rich at WOT and do it that way and make sure you're at WOT before you hit the button.
I'm using the Boss-Noss controller piggy backed on my PCIII and just using the nitrous feature to add more fuel when I hit the juice.
Dana

·
Banned
868 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Dont let me scare ya. It only picks it up about 6 inches.
6 inches.jpg

Anyone have a tape measure??

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
danasmith69 said:
[Q
But under the details:

Looks like you have to purchase the EFI controller separately? That's another $330 bucks!

That's correct. With the fuel controller you're looking at more money, I think about 1,000 total for everything, which is still not bad for what you get. If you already have a fuel controller, PCIII or what ever, you can program it to go full rich at WOT and do it that way and make sure you're at WOT before you hit the button.
I'm using the Boss-Noss controller piggy backed on my PCIII and just using the nitrous feature to add more fuel when I hit the juice.
Dana[/QUOTE]
Dang Dana, You have come along way with your NOS knowedge. I vote you Vice prez. of the BBC!

·
Banned
868 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Dana
Dang Dana, You have come along way with your NOS knowedge. I vote you Vice prez. of the BBC![/QUOTE]

Thanks Bro Joe,
I'm studying under the 'Blue Bottle Master" and working with some class equipment from Boss-Noss. How can I go wrong? Us Harley guys got to make a good showing at the SEMDRA race next weekend.
BlackCat and I installed the Barnett Xtra plate clutch and AIM pressure plate last Saturday and I'm scheduled to be on the Dyno this Saturday afternoon.
I can't wait to see if the Boss can walk the walk.
Dana

·
Banned
868 Posts
By the way Smoke, have you got your issues worked out?? Time is getting short.
Dana

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
danasmith69 said:
By the way Smoke, have you got your issues worked out?? Time is getting short.
Dana
Yes, I couldnt have done it without Kaz. "Ya right" I will be going tonight to test and tune.
Are you gonna run superstreet next weekend? You are gonna be ther Fri. night for the t&t? The BBmaster said Taco,Sandy and Ed will all have there Hogs and will be running them Fri. night at the t&t. Dont think we will have Tonys supergas bike together. It will be close. I am gonna put the motor back together this weekend. So we need to break it in a little.

·
Banned
868 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Yes, I couldnt have done it without Kaz. "Ya right" I will be going tonight to test and tune.
Are you gonna run superstreet next weekend? You are gonna be ther Fri. night for the t&t? The BBmaster said Taco,Sandy and Ed will all have there Hogs and will be running them Fri. night at the t&t. Dont think we will have Tonys supergas bike together. It will be close. I am gonna put the motor back together this weekend. So we need to break it in a little.
The only thing I know for sure right now is that I'm racing street class as usual. Possibly pro et also to get more runs. After Friday night T&T I'll have a better idea of how fast I can go and how consistent. I was hoping to get some runs in Gainesville before the race but I'm dynoing sat night so that kills T&T for sat. and Wed night I'll be out of town for work so my first T&T, other than on the street, will be at the race.
See you there.
Dana

·
Registered
883 Posts
Call

Mark Ducati said:

If you would call Jacob @ Boss-Noss or read all the threads from Boss-Noss they offer a forum member discount and all the free tech support from the manufacturer and I am sure his price will be cheaper. My whole set-up cost me 1066.57 delivered to my door. Also if you go with the 50hp shot the box is different than the lower hp box

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My price for the standard kit, 40hp shot, 2lbs tank, EFI controller, shipped to my door was $1000.49

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
i would like everything from boss noss i think but direct port instead of foggin the air filter. wonder if i could use there ssmart box with direct port..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts