Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the bolt in the front of the lower belt guard fall out. The pain in the ass to tighten bolt. Anybody know what size that is?

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's an excellent idea for getting at that nasty bastard. Cheapo wrench from walmart should be easy to heat and bend.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I'm confused...Mine has a rubber grommet the belt guard slides into...I don't need access to the bolt to service the belt guard? Loctite the bolt in and forget it?

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
I'm confused...Mine has a rubber grommet the belt guard slides into...I don't need access to the bolt to service the belt guard? Loctite the bolt in and forget it?
:them: I can take off the locking nut and back the lower shock fastener out and remove the upper belt guard a lot easier than heating a wrench and bending it and hoping it will work around corners. :confused:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
:them: I can take off the locking nut and back the lower shock fastener out and remove the upper belt guard a lot easier than heating a wrench and bending it and hoping it will work around corners. :confused:
I have the pleasure of owning a repair shop shop that resides on my home property.Why would I not make my own tools?

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the rubber grommet, it's attached to the belt guard (the end us "U" shaped, the bolt fell out that the grommet slid into.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts