Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small dent in my air box cover that is becoming a real eye sore to me. Does anyone out there know the best way to get a dent a little bit bigger than a quarter out. Or does anyone know what material the air box cover is made out of. Thanks

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have one on my 03 that I bought a few years back that I bought from a guy that had a dent in it just for when I went on trips because I just tell people to set the bike or put there kids on it and take pictures of them sure makes them smile sitting on it. took my other put in a box and never used it after the the dented one came out good as it did I took a heat gun and heated the dent and around it real good and then put Ice not right on top of the dent first but close to the dent on each side and around it and it pulled most of the dent out then I heated it again and put the ice on top and pull about all the dent out lot of people dont know it is there till I point it out they say dry Ice really work's better doing that If It was me your bike being a cvo I would check with a dent repair place on ask around at a body repair to see if they have a better Idea because you sure dont want to get it to hot and damage your paint.

·
119WHP/88lbsTQ
138 Posts
Try checking your local "paintless dent repair" guy..They have techniques to get these out..

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Like @06CVO said-- PDR is your Huckleberry.

I live in Denver. We get "Wrath of God" hail. I thought PDR was "meh" until I saw it done-- I've had it done on every car I own, and it kept my Element (which had gotten *shellacked* by hail) from being totaled from the insurance company.

Find someone who knows what they're doing and your problem's solved.

R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts