Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm new to all this and have just brought a Vrscr 06.
I have searched the internet for body kits but can't seem to find them for the street rod?
I am after a custom airbox with clocks built in and rear fender ect.
Also what is the maximum rear tyre without a massive expense
Any advice would be great.
☺👍

·
VRSC est -03
2,536 Posts
Welcome to 1130cc.
You know there is a difference between Street Rod and V-Rod?
There is a somewhat limited after-market accessory for "R" out there. Should you deteriorate the driving characteristics of an "R" a wider tire is the way to go. 200 fits right on rims, 240/250 with the use of genuine parts (2007 up). Airbox is generally multifit and should not present challenges.
Parts:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.
Thank you for the reply knut. I do now know the difference between them.
Thanks for the links too.
When you say about the 240 rear using 07 genuine parts do you mean vrscr parts or vrod?
Cheers

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just an FYI-
The R model is indeed a beast into itself, and was designed to be taller, With a more aggressive riding position allowing it to corner well. A wider tire while it looks cool, will degrade from the handling immensely. Also, since the frame itself is different, many accessories/parts will not fit without modifications, and are difficult to come by. If you’re looking for a bike that can both go and turn- this is it. If you’re looking for a lazy boy on wheels- not the one. That being said- welcome, and have fun making it yours!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts