Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the bottle filled tomorrow :)

I took the bike for a test drive and hit the horn button to activate the BN fueler... the bike bogged down, and it died when I did the same with it just idling. That's supposed to happen.

But how much bog down should I notice when running without the juice? I was expecting a major bog, someone said they got bog and white puff of smoke, my RPMS just went from 7000 down to like 3800?

I guess I was expecting the BN fueler to dump a massive amount of fuel into the system, but I guess not? Maybe it doesnt take THAT much more fuel to burn with the nitrous for the extra boost? Anyway, its all hooked up now, we'll see how it does on the juice tomorrow.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wild Bill, comments? What was your experience regarding the amount of bog down you experienced?

·
buried alive oplin50
2,405 Posts
Dont

Mark Ducati said:
Wild Bill, comments? What was your experience regarding the amount of bog down you experienced?
Dont hit the switch. if you dont have the nitrous hooked up or empty bottle, you are adding fuel but no NOS to help. flooding the motor. when you hit the button the only part of the fueler you are changing is the "on NOS" mode. Put the bottle on it, and set the fueler at full rich ( 8) then DO NOT HIT THE BUTTON UNLESS at FULL THROTTLE. if it bogs THEN....take fueler ( on setting wen NOS activated) to 7 1/2 , try again. try in 3rd gear at like 3000 rpms. roll full throttle then hit button. if it bogs change fueler to 7 try SAME thing again. the reason I say at full throttle.....the directions may or may not say that...BUT If you arent at full throttle why would you want more power from NOS anyway? Full throttle in first and second with a shot of juice is a handfull , thats why I tell you to try it at 3K in 3rd. roll on WOT and THEN hit your button.

will have system totally working here tomorrow and will critic it and give the low down.

MAKE SURE THE FUELER IS FULL RICH AT NOS ACTIVaTION BEFORE YOU TRY THE FIRST TIME

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice... all of that makes sense.

I got the bike all washed/waxed ready to go... cleaner than the day I picked it up :)

Went to "Interstate Welding Supply" here local to fill the tank... the guy who fills the tank was off today :(

It'll have to wait til next week, but damn does this silver tank look good on the side of the bike (even if it is empty).

I'll let you know how it performs next week.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
Thanks for the advice... all of that makes sense.

I got the bike all washed/waxed ready to go... cleaner than the day I picked it up :)

Went to "Interstate Welding Supply" here local to fill the tank... the guy who fills the tank was off today :(

It'll have to wait til next week, but damn does this silver tank look good on the side of the bike (even if it is empty).

I'll let you know how it performs next week.
Lets see some pics of that system!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Mark,
Sorry for the late reply but kitchen remodeling is taking all my spare time. I'm at 7 with a 40 shot. The "bog" without N20 present is noticable but not severe and mine puffs black smoke when hit the button. I went to a micro switch on the front throttle body belcrank which duplicates the horn button signal except only at full throttle. My left hand wasn't smart enough to release the horn button and pull the clutch lever while shifting and then release lever and depress the button when in the next gear in anything even close to "speed shifting". The micro switch eliminates all that slight of hand stuff and guarantees that I'm only spraying at WOT.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Wildbill said:
Hey Mark,
Sorry for the late reply but kitchen remodeling is taking all my spare time. I'm at 7 with a 40 shot. The "bog" without N20 present is noticable but not severe and mine puffs black smoke when hit the button. I went to a micro switch on the front throttle body belcrank which duplicates the horn button signal except only at full throttle. My left hand wasn't smart enough to release the horn button and pull the clutch lever while shifting and then release lever and depress the button when in the next gear in anything even close to "speed shifting". The micro switch eliminates all that slight of hand stuff and guarantees that I'm only spraying at WOT.
That's what I did with mine also. I ran the 50 shot at the races last weekend but can't hit the nitrous until I roll out a ways due to no tire grip. I'm going to put a progressive controller on so I can bring it on with some control.
Dana

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
Wildbill or Dana would you be willing to get some pics of the microswitch install? I want NOS but I wont get it unless it is WOT activated...i've got 5 thumbs and need all 5 to hang on lol.

·
Banned
868 Posts
cmptrgk said:
Wildbill or Dana would you be willing to get some pics of the microswitch install? I want NOS but I wont get it unless it is WOT activated...i've got 5 thumbs and need all 5 to hang on lol.
I'm with you, the thumb thing was not going to work, especially since I'm also going to put on an air shifter that will be activated by the horn button.
I'll try tomorrow to get a picture of the switch location.
Dana

·
Banned
868 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Dana you need to use the left turn button!
Joe,
I used the horn button on the Sporty for 3 years so I'm sort of use to that location. Hate to try to teach my "old Dog" self another new trick. I'm already burying myself with new stuff every time I go racing.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
danasmith69 said:
Joe,
I used the horn button on the Sporty for 3 years so I'm sort of use to that location. Hate to try to teach my "old Dog" self another new trick. I'm already burying myself with new stuff every time I go racing.
GOTCHYA! old dog... you and Gator:D

·
Banned
868 Posts
cmptrgk said:

I didn't get to take a pic today. Worked on a buddy's 120 JIMS motor all day then it stormed. I'll try again tomorrow.
Dana

·
Banned
868 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
Whats the 120 in Dana?
'05 Dyna. We put it in right after he bought it and he's put 12000 miles on it. Now we're changing cams, changing to gear drive on the cams and getting some head work done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
pc3 and bs

Wildbill said:
Hey Mark,
hey bill, how does the BS system work with the power commander

1 - 17 of 17 Posts