Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ,anybody got some input on bluing pipes.I have a 2009 nightrod special that i recently purchased and with less than 500 miles i noticed bluing on the header pipes and when i talked to a dealership they said 'well every bike is a little different and that it s not a warranty issue.I have only put premium in the tank and only from well known gas stations.Also what is the concensus on v-lux pipes.I saw them on the net and watched a video to hear them.I like the look and the sound but if I were to change will that upset my warranty,and do they require many costly upgrades to not hurt performance.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Edit: Reread your post. May be running a bit lean causing it to run hot. Only fix for that is to have it dyno tuned or buy an autotuner like the thundermax or power commander. The toxic line of pipes look awesome BUT you lose some major power from what I've read on here. I really like the turbine but couldnt justify hurting the performance for the looks.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
every stock head pipes I have ever seen have always been blued. Pretty sure that is the reason they come with heatshields.
Exhaust mods shouldn't hurt your warranty, unless the dealer you use is a major Dik. Most here suggest that you add a tuner when you change pipes to keep the bike from leaning out.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input.hopefully when I find some new pipes it won't ne a issue because they will be black ceramic coated.I really would like to find a exhaust that will not hide that beautiful wide tire and brake caliper.any suggestions w/ pics or web links would be appreciated.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Powerline.... Forum member wicked modifies a stock 3rd volume (collector) to a 2:1, then you use a VMOD-ed top can

1 - 6 of 6 Posts